Author Topic: [NewbieQuestion] Bake Textures  (Read 1614 times)

So I've been trying this couple days now but I don't seem to find the answer (I also quickly searched the forum but nothing seemed to directly answer me. However, sleep has been sparse lately so if I missed it please forgive me.)

So basically I'm trying to bake maps inside substance painter from lowpoly and highpoly obj files. At first I couldn't get the naming convention working -> turned out that the mesh sub-name button just didn't do anything in 1.3 and updating to 1.5.7 fixed that. However, I'm still bit confused as to the actual baking process. To me it seems like there is no way to automate the process of baking all texture sets in one go. Can someone clarify if this is so or is there some other way than baking each texture set individually.

The baking process is per texture set indeed, there is nothing to automate/replicate the process.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

The baking process is per texture set indeed, there is nothing to automate/replicate the process.

Is there any plans to make batch function for this? I somehow thought it'd be kind of relevant for complex models with multiple texture sets. I don't think substance painter supports scripting/plug-in development atm either?

Nothing is planned in a near future for the moment regarding those features.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.