Author Topic: Material texture resolution  (Read 3068 times)

Hello,
Is it possible to create a function inside SD to expose texture size in substance painter? Like in this picture.

Hey defco,

You can't set a resolution per asset, Substance Painter can only use a document-wide resolution. This can be set in the TextureSet Properties.
You need to use 'relative to parent' in Substance Designer to make that work.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hello,
Is it possible to create a function inside SD to expose texture size in substance painter? Like in this picture.

Hi,

What are you looking to do with a custom resolution? As Fabian mentioned, the resolution for the document is set globally. This is like the parent resolution in a graph in SD. When you add a substance, its graph will inherit the resolution of the Painter document settings if the graph is set to "Relative to Parent."

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Yeah, thanks figured it out later by myself. Sorry for not updating. I had my graph on absolute, so I would have wanted different resolution stuff on different props. So I set it to relative to parent as you said, now it works as I wanted. Ty!

Yeah, thanks figured it out later by myself. Sorry for not updating. I had my graph on absolute, so I would have wanted different resolution stuff on different props. So I set it to relative to parent as you said, now it works as I wanted. Ty!

Great! Glad to hear its working.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja