Author Topic: Poor performance and low CPU/GPU usage.  (Read 2676 times)

I bought substance painter yesterday and I have found that I am running rather slow, I have tried turning off SLI but it still hasn't helped. any ideas would be much appreciated.

System specs:
i7-4770k
32gb ram
GTX Titan X - SLI
Driver  NVIDIA 355.82 WHQL
OS - Windows 10 pro

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Yes I made sure to read through the documentation to make sure I wasn't missing out on something. I am more confused as to why my CPU is running at 10% and my GPU is only using 4.3gb of vram out of its 12GB and yet the program is still running slow and apart from having chrome open looking for solutions I am not running anything else in the background.

Can you give an example of performance issue ?
A video would be even better.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I was getting really bad lag on even with very little on screen but I managed to fix it. It seems that my motherboard has a PCIe compatibility mode and turning that off seems to have fixed the problem.