Author Topic: Export to a single texture  (Read 1870 times)

I´m very new to SP and I have a question. I tried making a simple model in Blender to start learning with, it´s simply just a room with four walls and a floor. In blender I assigned different materials to one of the walls and the floor so it is a total of 3 materials. When i import this mesh into SP the three materials are under the TextureSet List and I can now assign different textures to these materials just as I want. The problem is that it exports three different sets of textures but I want them all in one. How do I do this?

Substance Painter split meshes based on their material assignment. If you want to export only one set of texture, you have to use one material. Use the Geometry decal tool to perform some masking, that will be easier to manage in your situation.

Otherwise you need to use Designer or any other application to merge the textures manually.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Substance Painter split meshes based on their material assignment. If you want to export only one set of texture, you have to use one material. Use the Geometry decal tool to perform some masking, that will be easier to manage in your situation.

Otherwise you need to use Designer or any other application to merge the textures manually.

Ok, maybe I can use a color id-map? I can export these from blender and then use one material perhaps. Hon do I import and use am id-map in SP?

And a bonus question, hon do I make materials based in SP? I have lots of textures from gametextures that I want to use.

Take a look a this video to see how to perform some masking : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSrxvrcq8o4 (ID maps are around 11:36).

Regarding you second question, I suggest looking at our other tutorials :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB0wXHrWAmCx994Cb7iRFSmupYHFw5DTx
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.