Author Topic: Who can use Share?  (Read 1887 times)

I've just noticed something interesting...

In the past August I've downloaded Substance Designer Trial and was intensivelly working on learning it to the point I loved it and used it everyday.

September I went on holidays and I'm back. I haven't had the chance to work with SD until today... I got so used to having it that I forgot I didn't have it licenced yet...

I will try Painter and Bitmap2Material in due time but I'm pretty sure I will buy the whole indie pack as soon as I have the cash available.

Therefore I have an Allegorithmic account but I'm not a licenced user, however, I can freely download any asset you have there and though I just downloaded tutorials and a few metals for studying so far I could be downloading anything.

The way I see it, that is a pretty valuable library for an unlicenced user to have access to. Is that intentional? If so, I'm in awe! If not, then you better fix it...

Congratulations,

João (A soon to be licenced user... :o)

Hey JQL,

Substance Share is free to use for everyone, no subscription needed.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Then I'm in awe!

Then I'm in awe!

Hi,

You just need an Allegorithmic account to login to share, but you don't need to be a licensed user of our products.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I've noticed that Wes thanks!

My line of work is actually architecture and I've been introduced to substance in a very occasional fashion as my rendering software (Thea Render) created a very nice reader/converter for your substances. I did download SD trial and managed to grasp what it can do for me. I was definetelly impressed as it could help me change the way I work on many stages of my process. I will try B2M and painter in due time, but for now my job has sidetracked me from this matters.

Share came along in this process and all that happened, (from your support on licencing issues and complaints, and now this willingness to share), made me absolutelly sure that I will be a licenced user, sooner or later.

Thank you!

I've noticed that Wes thanks!

My line of work is actually architecture and I've been introduced to substance in a very occasional fashion as my rendering software (Thea Render) created a very nice reader/converter for your substances. I did download SD trial and managed to grasp what it can do for me. I was definetelly impressed as it could help me change the way I work on many stages of my process. I will try B2M and painter in due time, but for now my job has sidetracked me from this matters.

Share came along in this process and all that happened, (from your support on licencing issues and complaints, and now this willingness to share), made me absolutelly sure that I will be a licenced user, sooner or later.

Thank you!

That sounds great : ) Please let us know if you have any questions about workflow in regards to using Substance for the type of projects you work on.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

That sounds great : ) Please let us know if you have any questions about workflow in regards to using Substance for the type of projects you work on.

Cheers,
Wes

Actually there is, it has to do with UV and I will post it in the correct forum...