Author Topic: [SP] Atrocious performance  (Read 894 times)

Since re-installing Substance Painter, it is extremely slow and I can't even paint in Solo mode without it lagging very badly. My fraps displays 2-5 FPS in the viewport window.

It worked fine on my old setup of Windows 7, i7-3770k and a GTX970. Now I'm running an i7-4790k and two GTX970's in SLI. How can it be worse? I don't expect to get a performance increase with SLI in Substance as it's unlikely to support it, that's why upon turning it off, it made zero difference and I had the same lag.

Are the nvidia 355 drivers to blame and affecting Windows 7 also? I refuse to upgrade to the terrible Windows 8/10.

We that's simple : disable the SLI for Substance Painter.
Otherwise you will have bad performances. Substance Painter is not designed to work with SLI/Crossfire configurations.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I already stated that I had disabled it and it made no difference.

I sorry, I misread your post.
Can you post your log file then ?
(See : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+the+log+file )
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.