Author Topic: Displacement Map  (Read 12286 times)

Hi There !

Is a way to create a Displacement Map on Painter ?

Cheers 1  8)
CG generalist at @digi_fix animation studio located in Osaka, Japan.

Just add a "Displacement" channel in your texture set and you are ready.
Note however we don't have any shader that can display the result for the moment.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

:o

Cool ! Thx for reply !

That feature would be great in the future ! Like DirectX shader on Maya Shader FX.

Cheers !

Hi.

How I bake it ? Or created it to use in another render ?

Thanks in advance.

Hey alvaro,

there is no displacement map baker, but you can bake a height map from your High poly mesh and use this height map as a displacement map. Both are grey scale maps so this will work, even if the names are different ;)
You also can convert bitmaps into height maps with Bitmap2Material or paint the displacement on your own.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

there is no displacement map baker, but you can bake a height map from your High poly mesh and use this height map as a displacement map.

Maybe another option to add into Substance Painter :)

Yes. I got ShaderMap to get some normal out of textures and it has the option to create and see your displacement. Pretty cool.

I was....Painter need this feature ! ;D

And be able to work with 8k up textures. And UV tiles.  ::) I am asking to much. The software is already pure awesomeness !

but you can bake a height map from your High poly mesh and use this height map as a displacement map.

how ? well I think I mange but it appears not in proportion.
Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:10:51 pm