Author Topic: No disk in drive error  (Read 1848 times)

Hi,

Not a big issue really, but whenever I start Substance Painter (trial edition), I get:

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive D:

I'm not sure if this is because my D: isn't actually me DVD drive. For reasons I've never been sure of, Windows moved that to drive E. D: seems to be the one used whenever I plug in an SD card into the integrated SD card reader.

I can get through this problem by clicking "Continue" 4 or 5 times.

Hope this helps in some way.

Regards
Richard

Hi,

Tricky problem :)

Can you please check if there is no conflict in your drives letters (same letter for different drives)?
Here is a link with the steps to do it/modify if necessary:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/330137
Lead technical artist
gaetan.lassagne@allegorithmic.com

This bug is still happening in 2018. Just purchased Substance and it gives me the same error. Clicking continue twice allows you into the program. Drive letters are fine, OS drive is set to C. This is the only program I've ever used where I have gotten this error. Substance must be checking removable drives on launch for some strange reason. I suspect this happened because I verified the software via downloaded key file instead of over the internet. Hopefully this can be fixed.  :)

Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:30:33 pm

What is and where is drive T:?

What is and where is drive T:?
Drive T is part of my Kingston FCR-HS3 USB 3 multi-card reader. When it's unplugged, Substance doesn't give the error. But no other installed program gives an error when it's plugged in, only Substance.

Problem fixed: I changed the drive letters for disks 5-7 to L,M,N (consecutive letters of the alphabet). Not sure if that made a difference or if merely renaming the drive letters bypassed the bug. At any rate, it's working as expected now!  :D

same issue latest version

no drive conflicts,

i can't remap the drives as they are project related in SVN

again 2 clicks on try again and substance launches.

any ideas?

same issue latest version

no drive conflicts,

i can't remap the drives as they are project related in SVN

again 2 clicks on try again and substance launches.

any ideas?

Maybe try to remap the drives to different letters, launch Substance, if it works, close Substance and map the drives back to their original letters?