Author Topic: B2M2 for B2M3 Users  (Read 18875 times)

Hi,

For access to B2M 2, please contact us at https://www.allegorithmic.com/new/contact

Cheers,
Wes

I have been a subscriber for more than 32 months.  I started with Substance Live which then morphed into Substance Indie.  I did as you stated and contacted Allegorithmic to gain access to B2M version 2.  They responded by telling me that, as a Substance Indie subscriber, I am not entitled to any previous versions of B2M.  This seems to contradict the evidence provided in this thread.

B2M version 2 allowed for the conversion of a normal map to a bump map.  This functionality was removed (or appears to have been removed) in B2M version 3.  I need this functionality.  If it is true that I cannot access B2M version 2, then can someone please provide me instructions on how to convert a normal map to a bump map in B2M version 3?  When providing instructions, please assume that I am a complete newbie in B2M.  Such an assumption would be very true :)

Hi,

For access to B2M 2, please contact us at https://www.allegorithmic.com/new/contact

Cheers,
Wes

I have been a subscriber for more than 32 months.  I started with Substance Live which then morphed into Substance Indie.  I did as you stated and contacted Allegorithmic to gain access to B2M version 2.  They responded by telling me that, as a Substance Indie subscriber, I am not entitled to any previous versions of B2M.  This seems to contradict the evidence provided in this thread.

B2M version 2 allowed for the conversion of a normal map to a bump map.  This functionality was removed (or appears to have been removed) in B2M version 3.  I need this functionality.  If it is true that I cannot access B2M version 2, then can someone please provide me instructions on how to convert a normal map to a bump map in B2M version 3?  When providing instructions, please assume that I am a complete newbie in B2M.  Such an assumption would be very true :)

Hi,

I'm sorry about this issue. I checked with the team and they have discontinued B2M2. However, you can still work with bump in B2M3.

You need to go to the Outputs and enable the Bump channel. From there, you can adjust the parameters on the Relief tab to generate the bump details.

Cheers,
Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

Thank you. In your example, it would appear that you have a color image that is split into the different maps, including bump (by enabling it). However, I only have a normal map and want to convert that to a bump map. How would I do that?

Hi Wes,

Thank you. In your example, it would appear that you have a color image that is split into the different maps, including bump (by enabling it). However, I only have a normal map and want to convert that to a bump map. How would I do that?

Oh! I'm sorry I missed that part. You can disable all channels except Bump in the Outputs. Then drag your normal map into the 2D view and choose Normal Input Tweak. Under the Relief tab, set the Relief Input to "From Normal Input." Finally set the Relief Input Opacity to 1.0 and you will have a bump from the normal.

Cheers,
wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Wes,

You're awesome!  Thank you :)