Author Topic: Bitmap2Material Documentation  (Read 13978 times)

You can find an online documentation for Bitmap2Material 2.0 here: support.allegorithmic.com/

Let us know if you have some questions or if you would like to see more topics in this documentation!
Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:38:25 am
Director of Product Management & COO

Can you explain the 'Load Behavior' parameter?

All I get is '502 Bad Gateway'
SketchUp, Thea Render, Substance, 
"Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience nor overestimate your own" - Bob James

Can you explain the 'Load Behavior' parameter?

Hi,

This parameter is related to Unity, not to B2M. You should check the Unity documentation about procedural materials, it's explained there.

Cheers,

When I go to Tools (top right) and choose Export to pdf, I get an 'oops - error page'

the same happens with the other apps' documentation>

It's now fixed, I added a link "PDF Documentation" on the left panel of the documentation.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:42:35 am

Hi,
I read the documentation and as far as I know, there is nothing related to "how to export to Maya" function in "Presets" and then, how to import these presets in Maya !?

Cheers,

Can you update the documentation to reflect Bitmap2Material3 instead of 2 ?  Why is it out of date ?  What i am getting is substantially different from what you are demonstrating in the help files. I cannot get bitmap2material3 to work inside 3dsmax as i would expect it to. How about an updated tutorial please ??  or even just an updated basic documentation would be a good start. I cannot get the material to show in the viewport of 3dsmax. Also - would be good to see explanation of the difference between some of the nodes and how to use them - like why is there a base color node & also a diffuse node (whats the difference). Whenever i try to use the bump node, it does not create a bump map - it just creates a flat grey tone. many other such questions undoubtedly would be easily explained in some documentation.....

Can you update the documentation to reflect Bitmap2Material3 instead of 2 ?  Why is it out of date ?  What i am getting is substantially different from what you are demonstrating in the help files. I cannot get bitmap2material3 to work inside 3dsmax as i would expect it to. How about an updated tutorial please ??  or even just an updated basic documentation would be a good start. I cannot get the material to show in the viewport of 3dsmax. Also - would be good to see explanation of the difference between some of the nodes and how to use them - like why is there a base color node & also a diffuse node (whats the difference). Whenever i try to use the bump node, it does not create a bump map - it just creates a flat grey tone. many other such questions undoubtedly would be easily explained in some documentation.....

Hi,

We have an updated tutorial for B2M3.

B2M3 is designed for PBR and B2M2 is non-PBR. In B2M3, you have a diffuse and base color. These maps are for the different PBR workflows: metal/rough and specular/gloss. They are both albedo, but contain some different information as metal/rough contains metal reflectance data in the base color map where as diffuse is only reflected color.

Cheers,

wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja