Author Topic: Baking Maps of the Pod sample  (Read 3764 times)

Baking maps of the pod, and following the tutorial.
Can get all maps except the vertex_colour_map_from _mesh.

Please see attachment

Yes the vertex color map is generated off a high poly mesh with vertex color, which you don't have with the tutorial.
It's useful if you have painted vertex color on your high poly in zbrush for example.

Here is the low and high poly mesh of a table.
I loaded the low poly and baked with high poly and still not able to get desired results.
See attached.
Also i have attached the low and high poly mesh.
Can you please see why im not able to get desired results.

I tried loading your high poly mesh and it looks like it doesn't have any vertex color assigned.
What kind of map you want to bake exactly for that table?

Thanks Jeremie,
Any colour, I'm just trying to learn how to use the program and make my renders look more realistic.
That's why my map is black because no colour on vertex.lol

Here are the maps again. this time the vertex is painted, one colour for top and a different for legs.
Im only experimenting to work through this baking so i can fully understand whats going on.

I have spent countless hours trying to bake this map, with no success.
Can you please try my map and see if you can get it to work.
Maybe there is a bug?

Try using FBX instead of obj. OBJ tends to be hit or miss depending on which software you use to export it.

Yes the vertex color map is generated off a high poly mesh with vertex color, which you don't have with the tutorial.
It's useful if you have painted vertex color on your high poly in zbrush for example.

You mention to have painted vertex colour on the mesh, though in the video tutorial i see the colours of the paints of the car parts.
So i see that all the parts with the same colour can be picked up by SD to allow change of material.
Is this correct because when i try to change the material i only see the vertex colour that i applied.

Hi Jeremie can you respond to my last question please.