Author Topic: [SOLVED] Subtraction not right ?  (Read 1725 times)

Giving some functions to a Levels node. Have set the high value which works fine, then the low gets the high and subtracts by an amount, but it's not right. I try a Float node in the low value and works fine, maybe the set variable is wrong, how can I can't get it to work properly ?
Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:50:10 pm

I've re-ordered it so the low only gets the set variable and moved the math into the high value function.

Just to show, this is all there is to it ...
Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:48:50 pm

Hey espressocaffeine,

I am not sure what you want to achieve, to be honest. You need to right-click the last node in your function-setup and make it the output. It will become orange, if it is the output.
If your output is not the last node you can calculate as much as you want, it will never get passed through.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

The last node is the set variable node which is then used by a get in the low value function. In the pic I've just set a float temporarily for the high.

I've tried the set node in other functions too and nothing is happening.

I have found that, if I use the same input parameter that the high value gets then do the math in low, set the end node as a set variable it then works. But still can't get from the high val, so can't pass between the two.

Hey espressocaffeine,

I am not sure what you want to achieve, to be honest. You need to right-click the last node in your function-setup and make it the output. It will become orange, if it is the output.
If your output is not the last node you can calculate as much as you want, it will never get passed through.

Best Regards

Thanks, finally noticed what you meant. Been a bad week for thinking.

Hey espressocaffeine,

no problem at all! ;)
Hopefully your problem is now solved?

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Yes thanks. I missed the part where it won't processes passed the output node.