Author Topic: Publishing Failed - Can't find subgraph input  (Read 3994 times)

Hi all,

Just downloaded the latest version of SD: 5.2.0 but am now running into problems where my old Substances will no longer publish.

Error:

Code: [Select]
launch application:
   C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/5/bin64/sbscooker.exe --input C:/Users/Rob/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/5/Boat_Composition_Scene.sbs --includes C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/5/resources/packages --output-path C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Local/Temp/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer --output-name Galleon_Mats --expose-output-size 0 --expose-random-seed 1 --expose-pixel-size 0 --size-limit 12
Execution failed ! (Exit Code: 13)


Output:
     
     
     Substance Cooker 4.1.0 build 16375 (Aug 20 2015)
     
     
ERR: (Error 9) Cannot include default dir
     Found default packages at C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/5/Resources/packages
     Loading...
     Flattening...
     Front End...
wrn: Can't find subgraph input:
wrn:    Input identifier: Mask
wrn:    Subgraph Url: pkg://difference?dependency=1190458565
wrn:    From Graph: pkg://ColorPicker?dependency=1190865858
wrn: Can't find subgraph input:
wrn:    Input identifier: Mask
wrn:    Subgraph Url: pkg://difference?dependency=1190458565
wrn:    From Graph: pkg://ColorPicker?dependency=1190865858
wrn: Can't find subgraph input:
wrn:    Input identifier: Mask
wrn:    Subgraph Url: pkg://difference?dependency=1190458565
wrn:    From Graph: pkg://ColorPicker?dependency=1190865858
wrn: Can't find subgraph input:
wrn:    Input identifier: Mask
wrn:    Subgraph Url: pkg://difference?dependency=1190458565
wrn:    From Graph: pkg://ColorPicker?dependency=1190865858
wrn: Can't find subgraph input:
wrn:    Input identifier: Mask
wrn:    Subgraph Url: pkg://difference?dependency=1190458565
wrn:    From Graph: pkg://ColorPicker?dependency=1190865858


(This continues on for virtually every node but the forums won't let me posts more than 20000 characters lol)

Also getting the same ammount of this error:

ERR: Size out of bounds:
ERR:    Size: 4194304x4194304
ERR:    From Graph: pkg://Boat_Composition_Scene?dependency=1232802463



ERR: Cooking fail [Error 13]

Has anyone had this series of errors before? The graph hasn't changed at all between versions so something with the dependencies must have broken when I downloaded the latest version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob

Please retry with SD 5.2.1.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Also..

Quote
ERR: Size out of bounds:
ERR:    Size: 4194304x4194304

Indicates there is a node which has a size way too high, check you have not something like a node se to relative to parent *2048 or something like that.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded 5.2.1 but unfortunately the problem presists, same error as before. The size errors are less concerning as I will just have to search through my document and look for what you suggested about the Relative to Parent settings.

Is there a way that I can check the Substance dependencies and maybe re-link the .sbs's that I have imported?

Thanks

I have made a small amount of progress by almost eliminating the size errors, I went through and checked that none of my nodes were Relative to Parent x A Huge Number.

This has removed all of these Size errors except one, which unfortunately refers to a node that is no longer in my graph!? It was an old Substance I was working on but decided to bin it, so it no longer even exists on my computer (except for in the Substance 'Autosave' folder). How can I remove this link from my Substance?

Thanks.

If a link to the old substance exists, it means it's somewhere...
You can check that with the Dependency Manager: right click on the package you want to publish / Dependencies.

You'll see all dependencies and by clicking on a dependency you'll see where it's used (double click on an occurrence to go to where it is).
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Thanks very much for the tip about the Dependency Manager, that is very useful and has allowed to me to narrow down the problem significantly, it all seems linked to one Substance that I made previously (as when that node is disabled the project publishes perfectly).

I will go through that Substance and try to expunge all references to the old unused substance, hopefully solving my issue.

Thank you again for your help Nicolas, I will report back if I run into further problems.