Author Topic: Re: Problem alpha blending multiple image inputs in fxmap/Tile Sampler node  (Read 2731 times)

Hello!
Has anyone figured out a way to use the Alpha channel of our input, to get a more satisfying blending ?
I am trying to edit the Tile Sampler to get a top to bottom layering where I could identify who's at the bottom who's on top so I can have my luminance variation based on that, and have a good depth on my texture.

All I have so far is: not randomizing the position, and use several different tile samplers, blend them with eachother, giving me control on their luminance manually.

(Vincent Gault I was hoping you could swing by this thread, as I've been reading many (all?) other threads about this or related things, and your name always shows up at some point with good ideas/fix/tips)

I could really use a little tip on how to get there.

Thanks !

Adrien

Okay I just remembered the Alpha can be used in the Color node.
All I have left is figure out the sorting thing.

Maybe I should move this to a new thread?

Any clues on the layering, still?

One very interesting fact here is that with the Grayscale Tile Sampler, using the Max blending mode, if you play with the Color Variation parameter, you will get this Top - Bottom luminance effect I am looking for.
(Why am I not using this one is because then, as the blending mode is set to Max, I have my geometry crossing eachother making non-sense)

Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:14:29 am

Bumping this thread as my issue is basically the same.

I'd like to know if it's possible with some function magic to output the alpha blend sorting of the Tile Sampler Color as a grayscale height mask, so that the tiles on top would be the lightest. Attaching a pic as an example of what I'd like to do

Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:44:34 am

Hi! May I ask if the pic on the right is from SD or is it a photoshop example
If it's from SD then blending them right now would work?

For now, I've been doing all my layering by hand, only work around that fits with what I need so far

Yeah, the second image is still SD, with a mask plugged into a tile sampler grayscale, w/max and random color

This is just a specific area where the two depths match, in other parts of the image they don't. It's meant as an example for what I'd like to achieve.