Author Topic: update texture set  (Read 2935 times)

halfway through a project i found out that i could rearrange the UV's for an object better, so im wondering is it currently possible to update a texture set AFTER setting up a project?

if so it would save a lot of time compared to going back to a 3d modeling app, correcting the mistake, then reimporting everything back to a new SP project.

also, is it possible to import new objects to an existing project after creating it?
Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:54:48 am

Hey jatang,

if you change a texture Sets name, Substance Painter will not be able to maintain your previously painted data. I am not sure about adding a new texture Set without affecting the others.
You can change the model with updated UVs or so, but if the model itself change too much or the UVs are too different, Substance Painter will also not be able to recreate the texture.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

so far, everything in my current project has only fill layers set up, so i assume most if not all texture data should be reapplied to updated texture sets right?

so far, everything in my current project has only fill layers set up, so i assume most if not all texture data should be reapplied to updated texture sets right?

Hi,

All of the data will be reapplied as long as your texture sets remain the same. If you are using baked maps, you will just need to rebake the maps and Painter will recompute the layer stack.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi.
But is it possible to add texture set after created project in substance painter?

If you add geometry simply assign it a new material ID and import the mesh along the previous geometry. This way you will be able to add new texture sets.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

In this case, I lost all texture. :(
For example I want to add new mesh after some texturing. 
Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:47:58 pm