Author Topic: Any grace period to upgrade to Substance Designer 4?  (Read 2557 times)

Hi!

I have purchased Substance Designer Commercial 3.7 on Steam October 16, 2013. Is there a grace period to upgrade to Substance Designer 4?

Any commercial version of SD 3.x purchased on Steam will automatically upgrade to SD 4 at no additional charge. Look for SD 4 in your Steam library.

I was wondering if there will be an upgrade path for non-commercial licenses from 3.x to 4, as I'm not currently seeing an upgrade option for mine. I'd eventually like to upgrade to a full commercial license, but I'm not yet at the point where I will be releasing any personal work commercially.

Non commercial licenses bought on Steam are automatically upgraded too. You should now see SD4 in your Steam library instead of SD 3.7.

Thank you, Jeremie. I did find the new version, in fact. :)

I was wondering if there will be an upgrade path for non-commercial licenses from 3.x to 4, as I'm not currently seeing an upgrade option for mine. I'd eventually like to upgrade to a full commercial license, but I'm not yet at the point where I will be releasing any personal work commercially.
There is currently no upgrade path for non Steam non commercial versions. You can get the SD4 Steam version for 49$ though during the sales.

Hi Jeremy, sorry for the late reply, missed the forum notification. Thanks for getting back to me with an answer. I was wondering, though, if y'all were planning to run the same discount during the sale period for non-commercial licenses that aren't tied to Steam? I typically get all my games on the service, but I'm not 100% sure how I feel about my tools being tied to it.

[edit]
Oops, just saw your reply on another thread about the NCU upgrade option being available now. Thanks! :)
[/edit]
Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:14:17 am