Author Topic: Substance Batchtools  (Read 4094 times)

Where can I get information on Substance Batchtools, would like to know what it is for and how it works? :)

Where can I get information on Substance Batchtools, would like to know what it is for and how it works? :)

Hi,

The batch tools are used to command line process a substance or bake textures. Its mainly used for automation. You can find the batch tools in your account in the Substance Designer download. The batch tools will be listed there. The documentation can be found in the batch tools download. There are 4 command line tools.

sbsbaker
This is for batch processing baking through command line.

sbsrender
This is for batch processing the rendering of substances into bitmaps.

sbscooker
This is for taking an sbs and publishing it to an sbsar.

sbsmutator
This will allow you to make changes to the parameters in the sbs file.

With the batch tools, you can create a script that runs in your 3D program and calls these command line tools to bake textures or process substance files.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

You can find all the information on our support website: https://support.allegorithmic.com

Cheers,
Nico
Head of Product Management

Hi,
at my company we're interested too in this useful feature but we can't find any link to download SAT in our account section, nor within the downloads.
All can we find is the dedicated page, but there's only the "Request information" link that lead to the form to send a message.

We have an active Substance Pro License, so i think we should have access to the download of the software, right?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

The Substance Automation Toolkit is not included in the Pro subscription.
You would need to contact us to discuss about the license.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management