Author Topic: Substance won't load  (Read 13682 times)

Substance plug-in won't load. When I click the checker in the plug-in manager nothing happens. I can check auto load but when Maya is restarted auto load is unchecked. 
The Substance tab is showing but I only get errors when clicking on the icons, the only icon that is working is "create a substance node", a "place2dTexture"-node is then created.

This is what happens when I click "load" in the plug-in manager

waitCursor -state on;   $ignoreUpdateCallback = true; catch(`loadPlugin "C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/substance/plug-ins/Substance.mll"`);   updatePluginUI( "50" ); $ignoreUpdateCallback = false; waitCursor -state off;
// Error: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/substance/plug-ins/Substance.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.
 //
// Error: The specified procedure could not be found.
 (Substance) //
updatePluginCallback();

When I go to the folder Substance.mll is there.

I'm on Extension for Maya 2014 SP1

Are you on a Windows or Linux client ?

Windows 7 64bit

Ok, we released a new plugin to replace the original Maya one, could you try with this one please ?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9804576/substance_maya14_legacy_release_x64_20130419.zip

That works better, I can load the script and create nodes in the hypershade. The buttons in the substance shelf isn't working though, maybe it's because it's a backup from an earlier installation of Maya. If I remove shelf_Substance.mel I got no shelf at all. I'd like to have the convert to mentalray function.

That works better, I can load the script and create nodes in the hypershade. The buttons in the substance shelf isn't working though, maybe it's because it's a backup from an earlier installation of Maya. If I remove shelf_Substance.mel I got no shelf at all. I'd like to have the convert to mentalray function.

Hi,

Were you using the Substance Bonus Tools to convert to mentalRay? The best method is to use the Auto Baking feature on the Substance to create images which are compatible with mental ray. 

Just click auto connections before creating an output and this will work the same as the convert to mental ray function.

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.mll
 //
// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
 (Substance) //

You guys still haven't resolved these problems?

This is the only plugin that fails on startup of Maya 2015. Fails every time. Even when there are no other plugins autoloading on startup and none after startup.

System: Windows 7 64bit. Maya 2015 fully licensed new release.

The plugin path seems to be wrong as the Substance plugin is now shipping as a module (since 2013.5 if I am not mistaken...).
Did you upgrade from 2012 to 2015? Looks like a preference issue to me, try to unload and reload the plugin manually in Plugin Manager.
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:31:33 pm
"Hinhin!" :-D

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.mll
 //
// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
 (Substance) //

You guys still haven't resolved these problems?

This is the only plugin that fails on startup of Maya 2015. Fails every time. Even when there are no other plugins autoloading on startup and none after startup.

System: Windows 7 64bit. Maya 2015 fully licensed new release.

Hello,

It should be working with 2015. I can confirm it's working with 2015. In the plugin manager, do you get this error right when you click auto-load?

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

It should be working with 2015. I can confirm it's working with 2015. In the plugin manager, do you get this error right when you click auto-load?
I have same error. Maya 2015 SP1
Error occurred by clicking "Loaded".
If click "Auto-load", then error happen in next Maya load.

I have same error. Maya 2015 SP1
Error occurred by clicking "Loaded".
If click "Auto-load", then error happen in next Maya load.

What version of windows are you using?
the3dninja@adobe.com

What version of windows are you using?
Windows 7 X64

I get this error when trying to click the loaded button in the Plug-in Manager.

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/substance/plug-ins/substance.mll
The network path was not found.

When I try to manually load the plugin I get that same error along with this new one.

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 658: The network path was not found.
 (substance)

substance.mll is indeed in that folder that Maya is looking for

Using Maya 2014 - Windows 7 - 64bit

I get this error when trying to click the loaded button in the Plug-in Manager.

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/substance/plug-ins/substance.mll
The network path was not found.

When I try to manually load the plugin I get that same error along with this new one.

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 658: The network path was not found.
 (substance)

substance.mll is indeed in that folder that Maya is looking for

Using Maya 2014 - Windows 7 - 64bit

I will check with developers to see what causes this error.

Stay tuned :)
the3dninja@adobe.com

FYI - I installed Maya 2014 on a different machine and substance loaded fine.
The only thing different about this machine is that substance was not opened in Maya 2013 before installing Maya 2014.

On the machine that's giving me an error, I used Substance within Maya 2013 a good bit. I did notice that the substance.mll is located in a different folder in 2013 as opposed to 2014. Maybe it is still looking for the plugin in an old path?

Any help resolving this issue would be great, because I do need it to work on this specific machine that is giving me an error.