Author Topic: Generators not working ?  (Read 3144 times)

I'm making a wall texture with a single poly (UV'd). Thins is, I tried adding a rust filter to a fill layer and it worked the first time but started again and no longer works.

Hey espressocaffeine,

I think this Generator needs additional baked maps to work properly.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Just want to add ... When I create a fill layer and add a mask I can't attach a filter, it just won't work although the black & white / transparent ones do.

Same problem ?

This is the error message when I try a filter on a mask ...
"[Effect Procedural View] Material effect selected is not compatible with this content."

This is the error message when I try a filter on a mask ...
"[Effect Procedural View] Material effect selected is not compatible with this content."

Hi,

Check out the attached GIF. Does this produce the error? You should also be able to apply a filter to the mask of a fill layer as well.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thought I'd post this just incase, I have version 1.4.1.

Other than that I've tried a different object and baked a Curvature map, now what you've suggested does work thanks. However, Filters are only working on Fill layers and Generators are only working on masks.

Thought I'd post this just incase, I have version 1.4.1.

Other than that I've tried a different object and baked a Curvature map, now what you've suggested does work thanks. However, Filters are only working on Fill layers and Generators are only working on masks.

You can also use filters on masks as well. For instance, I often use blurs as an effect on my mask. The filters that have the lite green coloring are technically for use with color layers, but they do work on masks.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja