Author Topic: Great Gobling / King Goblin  (Read 2383 times)

hey guys!> this is my first time sharing my model that was fully texture inside substance painter, both the character and the weapon. i still consider it a wip but i was kind of exited to share it with everyone and get some feedback.!>
it was fully sculpted inside zbrush and i did use photoshop to control levels and other aspects.

This is the goblin king from the hobbit films is it not? This will be hard to critique without me or anyone else having to measure your model to the hobbit model. Not to mention its not really a good idea to copy an already made cg piece of artwork (but if your okay with that okay).

This is what your working to replicate just in lower poly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MWkYyr8hw0

I can tell you that there's some bleeding of colors in the eyes and the eyes need a little more resolution or at last need to be cleaner with more definition. Also the topology in the elbow and neck don't match the physiology of the character so having to animate this might be a pain in the arse. Also I noticed you painted this all with symmetry in mind. You don't want to do that since realistically its biologically impossible to be completely symmetrical.
Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:26:06 pm

thanks for your reply Frogeye' i wasn't really lock down to the design from the movie. i went back and fort between difference reference and more for a stylized version :) .
thanks again!>

Love the colors, but i think it could use a bit more flare and skin definition, like a layer of detail is missing.

Not to mention its not really a good idea to copy an already made cg piece of artwork (but if your okay with that okay).

This is what your working to replicate just in lower poly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MWkYyr8hw0

Thats COMPLETELY 100% your opinion, not a fact. If someone is a huge LOTR fan and wants to put themselves in that world while they're working on something its fine for them, not that the OP is doing this, but for example, one of 400 fing million which your mind somehow glossed over. From a purely scientific view in fact the idea that copying in general is somehow bad has no logical basic other than its possible mostly minor negative effects within our crude capitalist system and of course, our fucking retarded egos...
Win 10 64bit | i72630QM quad core | GTX555M (3GB version) | 16GB ram