Author Topic: [CRASH] Substance Painter + Windows 10 + nVidia 350.12  (Read 66932 times)

Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:36:59 pm
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Just installed them and it's looking very good so far! :D

That is good news!

So maybe I can finally switch to Windows 10 in a few days :D

cheers!

:'(
Still the same, 4k texture export crashes Painter on Windows 10 64 bit and 355.98 new drivers ( GeForce 780 Ti ) ........

Is it maybe a TdrDelay crash?

I noticed that either Win10 or the nVidia installer removes any TdrDelay setting in the registry from time to time.
I have mine set to 240 plus a TdrDdiDelay of 480 after installing the new drivers and although with my worst case Substance Painter project the UI freezes completely for about half a minute, it continues working happily afterwards.
Before that it almost instantly killed Painter.

So far so good. I try few things with new drivers and no crash. I will try more stuff and we will see. but for know its looking good.

Same here. With the new drivers, i could work for 30 min without a crash. Didn't had much time after installing so will test it more tomorrow.
FINALLY!!!!!! ;)

New drivers worked for me!  Before they would crash when exporting maps, and the old driver workaround would cause visual artifacts.  Now things are working smoothly.

:'(
Still the same, 4k texture export crashes Painter on Windows 10 64 bit and 355.98 new drivers ( GeForce 780 Ti ) ........

The problem you have doesn't seem to be related to the issues we are having in this thread. This thread is about the problem with random "crashing of the program" caused by the Nvidia drivers and not from the "exporting at highres" crashes. Your problem is VERY specific. What you have sounds like a VRAM issue.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/273390/discussions/0/611696927928171130/

Still crashing when i load my custom mesh in Substance Designer. I have a GTX 760, windows 10 and the 355.98 Driver.

Hey guys, at this point I will lock this topic as it's starting to be a bit hard to follow (since the new driver fix the main issue). I encourage you to post a dedicated thread for your own issue in this support section of the forum and we will address it. Don't forget to post your log file !
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.