Author Topic: [CRASH] Substance Painter + Windows 10 + nVidia 350.12  (Read 70690 times)

Hey guys !
NVIDIA came back to us and they said the GeForce driver will be available September 21. I don't have the driver number however as it's too soon to tell.

Groovy... now I can update to Windows 10 and stop delaying it.

The issue isn't Windows 10. I'm On W10 and just reverted back to a 347 driver.

OpenGL 355.97 drivers dated September 10.

https://developer.nvidia.com/opengl-driver

The release notes say that Windows 10 is officially supported now. But not sure if these have the fix or not. So those who are willing to try, let us know your results!

Well the actual fix/driver is suppose to be released on the 21st not the 10th. lol

The issue regarding Windows 10 is that it may try to forcefully update your drivers even if you reverted and have hidden updates for it. I reverted while on Windows 10 and hid updates for my nVidia drivers and it still forcefully updated at random, so I had to rollback to Windows 8.

Windows 10 automatically updates EVERYTHING, and there's no direct option for turning off automatic updates to my knowledge.
Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:36:57 pm

I installed the 355.92 driver but the issue is still not fixed for me. Permanent crashes while working in Substance painter  :-\ :-\

OpenGL 355.97 drivers dated September 10.

https://developer.nvidia.com/opengl-driver

The release notes say that Windows 10 is officially supported now. But not sure if these have the fix or not. So those who are willing to try, let us know your results!

Hi,

It seems that Windows 10 will still try to pull down the NVidia driver update. Its best to use the tool MS released for hiding updates to specific drivers. This works great.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

I'm using version 347.88 and have had zero issues.

It looks like the issues in the 35x.x drivers is something that we need to address.

Cheers,

Wes

Thank you for the temp fix.. it saved my frustration.

Windows 10 automatically updates EVERYTHING, and there's no direct option for turning off automatic updates to my knowledge.

If you read few first pages of this thread, you'll see that there actually is a workaround for windows 10 forcing the driver updates for specific drivers. I've been using that and old Win8 drivers for my Win10 for weeks already.

If you read few first pages of this thread, you'll see that there actually is a workaround for windows 10 forcing the driver updates for specific drivers. I've been using that and old Win8 drivers for my Win10 for weeks already.

For Windows 10 Home edition it not working at all, no workaround, Windows 10 HE will still force new drivers update, even when you turn off driver update or hide it with MS tool. SP is broken on Windows 10 even when you install 347 drivers, OpenGL crash happen, when you try load some Substance Material made in Substance Designer, I try same material na Windows 8.1 without any problem and on Win 10 it will crash. And it taking so long to fix it, I think it is 4 month what this problem come up. i use SP a lot, but I switch to Mari Indie because of this problem. Thanks Allegorithmic to broke our whole pipeline.

I hope the driver is out today. I had to update to the Aug 31st driver since I was getting some catastrophic BSODs when I enjoy my weekend gaming, plus nonstop crashing in my other work duties. -_-

"For Windows 10 Home edition it not working at all, no workaround, Windows 10 HE will still force new drivers update, even when you turn off driver update or hide it with MS tool."

I also mentioned that it will update regardless of using the hide tool. "The issue regarding Windows 10 is that it may try to forcefully update your drivers even if you reverted and have hidden updates for it." This may not be the case for some users, but for others it is.
Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:09:21 pm

For me it is forcing updates even with the "Pro" edition :(

The problem is, its a tedious process with things not mentioned in article, like uninstalling all nvidia stuff, remove the driver, restart, hide graphics card update, check and remove any left over nvidia card stuff. At this point it should say you are running an intel or some onboard graphics card, not nvidia. Then you install the old driver.

Its a terrible recommendation though. The old driver is pre-windows 10 and can cause some catastrophic problems. You're better off reverting back to windows 8.1/7 to avoid harm to your system.

The problem is, its a tedious process with things not mentioned in article, like uninstalling all nvidia stuff, remove the driver, restart, hide graphics card update, check and remove any left over nvidia card stuff. At this point it should say you are running an intel or some onboard graphics card, not nvidia. Then you install the old driver.

Its a terrible recommendation though. The old driver is pre-windows 10 and can cause some catastrophic problems. You're better off reverting back to windows 8.1/7 to avoid harm to your system.

Well supposedly a new nvidia driver is coming out today that will fix all of this up, just hope it ACTUALLY gets released today.

yup, I have been checking all day and no new driver.

Same.  Hopefully if it hits late night the Substance folks will prod nvidia for an update.  I have a lot of projects I've had sitting and waiting for this, so would love it to happen.

Same.  Hopefully if it hits late night the Substance folks will prod nvidia for an update.  I have a lot of projects I've had sitting and waiting for this, so would love it to happen.

I'm just happy I got as much done as possible last week before I jumped back to the Aug 31st driver. Now I can work on the rest of the project. Sadly there will always be more models to texture. Thankfully Substance Designer doesn't meet the same problems. That would be hell! lol

Looking like the driver wont' be out today, hopefully we get an update from the mod here by tomorrow if Nvidia has said anything.