Author Topic: [CRASH] Substance Painter + Windows 10 + nVidia 350.12  (Read 69450 times)

That's most likely the case; consumer software teams hate releasing before the weekend unless it's a major emergency since if anything goes wrong you wind up working through the weekend to fix it.

When I set "TdrDebugMode" to 1 (Ignore timeout), Painter didn't crash more. This workaround is acceptable I think..

Over a month and no solution. Just a terrible attempt at saying "Its fixed, but you can do nothing except rollback drivers that will break all the other programs you use".

This is annoying as hell. I got work to do. I'm a one man team. Rolling back means breaking more than just this program. Hell, its been over a month. This should of been fixed. Now when I really need to use the software, its still broken and crashes every time I get a good amount into a model, then it just crashes outright every minute or 30 seconds. No workaround works at all for me. This better get fixed by this weekend.

Its even been a problem since April https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=4659.0
Windows 10 may not be supported at the time, but the preview releases are there so software developers can support it before release.
Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:17:12 am

I agree with bradnewsom to an certain point. It was very sure, that Windows 10 is coming. It was also very sure, that a lot of people will migrate to windows 10 very fast due to the fact, that it is free for Win 7, 8, 8.1 owners. Win 10 got after 4 weeks more than 75 million installations.

And yes, I am not able to go back to an pre win 10 driver, and I am not able to use Painter since the migration. But it seems, that the fault is (also) on Nvidias end. But I guess someone has to submit the error to Nvidia so they can fix it.

Long story short. It is a huge amount of time, that we are not really able to use a software for daily work. That new driver should be there last friday. Today, 6 days later still no driver or patch.

@Red2blue, agreed. Though both parties are at fault. Its odd that among all the software I use on this system and all the other coworkers from other studios that upgraded Windows 10, Substance Painter was the only one with an essentially catastrophic bug that went unfixed for more than a day or so after launch. I already yelled at my friend at Nvidia, but the problem didn't get raised until a month ago. So my issue comes back down to Allegorithimic, fully aware of the issue for some time and wasn't able to procure a launch patch of sorts.

I hope this doesn't end up like Batman Arkham Knight, where it all went months without a fix.

Hey guys, I understand your frustration. We are stuck as you are as we have multiple person here at Allegorithmic that run under Windows 10 too. So getting this fixed as soon as possible is clearly our goal.

Regarding the new drivers, there was in fact a release but for Quadro GPU only. We are still in discussion with NVIDIA to get more news regarding the GeForce drivers.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks for the reply Froyok. So I resorted to uninstalling the driver and reverting to 347.88 at the sacrifice of compatibility for a host of other programs. Best of luck working with Nvidia. I'm surprised they didn't bother with some hotfix especially being over a month to fix the issue.

EDIT: Right on schedule, Substance Painter becomes the only program that works correctly since the driver rollback while every other program starts having random crashes (Maya, Ue4, etc).
Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:39:26 am

Froyok thanks for your reply, could you please give an estimation of the time when it would be done...
I really need to use it and need it for my work and I believe other people are in the same situation.

Thank

Once I get more news you will be the first to know.
For the moment I don't have any date of driver number.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hey guys !
NVIDIA came back to us and they said the GeForce driver will be available September 21. I don't have the driver number however as it's too soon to tell.
-----------

Hey guys !
NVIDIA came back to us and they said the GeForce driver will be available September 21. I don't have the driver number however as it's too soon to tell.

Great, thanks for the update!

Hey guys !
That is great, thanks for letting us know

Hey guys !

Groovy... now I can update to Windows 10 and stop delaying it.

OpenGL 355.97 drivers dated September 10.

https://developer.nvidia.com/opengl-driver

The release notes say that Windows 10 is officially supported now. But not sure if these have the fix or not. So those who are willing to try, let us know your results!

I've tried these latest drivers but the issue is still there, had to revert back... :'(