Author Topic: [CRASH] Substance Painter + Windows 10 + nVidia 350.12  (Read 69453 times)

The new GeForce driver with the OpenGL fix will be available today. :)

Did anyone had a chance to try it out? If the OpenGL fix works, Ill consider to upgrade to Windows 10 again.
System: G550JK -12GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce 850 2GB

The new GeForce driver with the OpenGL fix will be available today. :)

Did anyone had a chance to try it out? If the OpenGL fix works, Ill consider to upgrade to Windows 10 again.

Till now the drivers are not available. If they are, I will test it. I am right now looking for a scenario where painter crashes 100% so I could make a solid test. My hack made it more stable that i thought, that the problem was fixed. I will do my best, and let you know... :)

Allright, that would be great :) I really hope it fix the lagging and crashes as I dont want to live in the stoneage with Windows 7.
System: G550JK -12GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce 850 2GB

So far no new drivers are released. Which version number will the new drivers have, and are they beta or release?

Hey Guys, I'm on Windows 10 and I uninstalled my driver software for my GTX 980. I'm going to try and manually install the correct driver software through the nvidia site: http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

However as you can see in the image below all the drivers from Windows 10 64-bit are 352.63 and above. However people are saying go back to previous drivers (preferably ones below 352.63). When I chose Windows 7 64-bit there are drivers that are around 347.88. I'm not on Windows 7 and I don't know what to do to help resolve the issue with Substance Painter crashing.

Any ideas? :)

Hi,

I'm using the 347.88 drivers. I'm windows 10 as well and this works fine. No crashes with Painter.

Cheers,
Wes

For me it still says: The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue. The application must close. Error code: 7

(And I downgraded to the 347.88 driver you recommended)

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

In this case, that's a TDR, please take a look at this page : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/GPU+drivers+crash+with+long+computations

Yeah I changed the TdrDelay to 8 seconds, ever since I've done that it says that Substance Painter is unable to access the Graphics Hardware. Before I made that change (like an hour ago) it was working normally. It's very weird.

I suggest that you post your issue in a dedicated post (with your log file), this will be easier to investigate.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Any news on the drivers, or which version number they have? They are not 355.82? They are not working.

Any news on the drivers, or which version number they have? They are not 355.82? They are not working.
Drivers 355.82 were released 31 August 2015, so no, they are not the drivers version with the fix. Drivers 355.84 are also not the drivers with the fix (special VR drivers). For the moment I don't have any new information, it was supposed to be available last Friday.
-----------

I suggest that you post your issue in a dedicated post (with your log file), this will be easier to investigate.

How do I post something in a dedicated post? :)

How do I post something in a dedicated post? :)
Create a new thread in the support section of Substance Painter.
-----------

I've been experiencing constant crashes also, using Windows 10, with the Error message "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 355.82 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
I have submitted a detailed bug report via the "Report a Bug" sidebar here in the forum, I hope it will be useful. Working like this is painfully frustrating.

I'm not surprised the drivers weren't released on a friday going into a holiday weekend here in the States. Tuesday seems to be their typical release day.

I'm not surprised the drivers weren't released on a friday going into a holiday weekend here in the States. Tuesday seems to be their typical release day.

Hope you are right. I am really badly waiting to use painter again! :)