Author Topic: [CRASH] Substance Painter + Windows 10 + nVidia 350.12  (Read 69548 times)

I'm on 353.62 with a GTX765M, Win10-64bit. I just fired up Painter, loaded some old project files and it seems to work fine for me.
Staggart Creations
[ WebsiteTwitterUnity Connect ]

I'm on 353.62 with a GTX765M, Win10-64bit. I just fired up Painter, loaded some old project files and it seems to work fine for me.

Hi,

It will eventually crash with a GPU error. Its not an instant crash, but after some computation, the driver will fail. Usually this happens whenever you have a large compute by the gpu. The best option for now is to use 347.88 driver.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Is this a issue we are waiting for Nvidia to fix, or is it a Allegorithimic issue?  There are a few issues that show up in other DCC apps with the older version of drivers and switching between drivers is kinda a pain.

Thanks
G

Is this a issue we are waiting for Nvidia to fix, or is it a Allegorithimic issue?  There are a few issues that show up in other DCC apps with the older version of drivers and switching between drivers is kinda a pain.

Thanks
G
Hi Gregg,

This looks to be an issue with NVidia. We are speaking with them and they can reproduce the issue on their end. I suspect they will release an updated driver. I'm sorry, I don't have more information at this time. All I know is that NVidia is aware of the issue and they are working on it.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hey Wes,

So are you saying to change my filter to Windows 7 and select driver 347.88?

I'm surprised there's no error message saying that you cannot download this driver because you're on Windows 10 :)

Hey Wes,

I'm surprised there's no error message saying that you cannot download this driver because you're on Windows 10 :)

Hey Matthew,

Yes, change it to windows 7 for the driver filter. Its works fine in Windows 10. I've been using 347.88 for a few months under windows 10 and there are zero crashes.

Cheers,

wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Thanks
G
Hi Gregg,

This looks to be an issue with NVidia. We are speaking with them and they can reproduce the issue on their end. I suspect they will release an updated driver. I'm sorry, I don't have more information at this time. All I know is that NVidia is aware of the issue and they are working on it.

Cheers,

Wes

Thanks Wes, was just wondering the status, keep up the good work.

-G

So I found how to install the 347.88 drivers for the GTX 980Ti.

Download the drivers. Then find the nv_dispi.inf file in the drivers you downloaded, and edit it.

1. Add NVIDIA_DEV.17C8 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti" under the [Strings] section

2.  Add %NVIDIA_DEV.17C8% = Section043, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8  under [NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.3]

3. Save the .INF file

4. Open cmd as admin. Enter the following:
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
enter
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
enter

5. Open msconfig and disable windows update under services. restart.

Once the computer reboots run the setup for the drivers. Reboot when finished installing the drivers.

If your computer doesn't get past the windows splash screen when you reboot after installing the 347.88 drivers, you might need to DISABLE the Execute Disable Bit (usually under the CPU settings) in your BIOS.

Good luck, it worked for me.

Hey Wes,

Hey Matthew,

Yes, change it to windows 7 for the driver filter. Its works fine in Windows 10. I've been using 347.88 for a few months under windows 10 and there are zero crashes.

Cheers,

wes

And you don't have problem with automatic drivers update? I have even when I turn off driver update  and use some tool from MS to hide updates. Nothing help, so right know I must put PC to sleep mode every time when I leave somewhere, because Windows after few minutes will install new drivers 35x.xx and that is big nono right know. At home I get back Win 8.1 but in work we have Win 10 and it is little bit annoying, but at lest I can work without crashes. I hope you will fix it soon. Good luck.

Hi guyz,

Just to let you know that nVidia confirmed us today they found out the cause of the crashes, and it should be fixed in the next update of drivers :)

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

Teo

Thanks for update. They said anything about next drivers update? Just asking.. I know can be "soon", but I still hope for a fast fix.

Hi,

It will eventually crash with a GPU error. Its not an instant crash, but after some computation, the driver will fail. Usually this happens whenever you have a large compute by the gpu. The best option for now is to use 347.88 driver.

Cheers,

Wes

Can't retreat to the 347 driver as the new 35x.80 sli hot fix driver solves to many issues for me.
But at work I did some research and found that if I defeat MSI Afterburner I no longer get an instant crash ( vram monitoring issue with MSI and GPUz? )

In case someone is in the same boat and the same fix ( turning off Afterburner ) will at least let them startup and get some amount of work done.

Hope the Nvidia fix in the works comes soon till then.

Thanks for update. They said anything about next drivers update? Just asking.. I know can be "soon", but I still hope for a fast fix.

On Tuesday Metal Gear Solid V is being released and that will almost surely mean a new driver release.
Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:33:27 am

Still broken with 355.80...

my nvidia keeps crashing too on win10 :/