Author Topic: Why no Live discount for Substance Database licensees?  (Read 985 times)

My first purchase from Allegorithmic was the big Substance Database, which I got on discount back in April 2012, but it still cost me $950 at that time.

Since then Allegorithmic has created the new Painter and Designer tools that can help with applying, modifying and/or creating new substances.  This would seem to be important to help Database users to maximize their value of the large purchase they've made.  I feel like I've spent a lot of money, but still need to spend more and more to make best use of what I've already got.

Why is there no discount for getting Substance Live, based on the Database?  I would think maybe Live would even be FREE, in order to encourage people to purchase the much larger Database.

Is this something that might be considered?

Thanks in advance! :)

Anyone have any opinions about this?  Speculations?

Hey arcanor,

the Substance Databse and Substance LIVE are both completely different products.
The Databse is definitely worth its price, because you'll get a ton to work with and explore. The Substance products are not expensive at all so I don't think a discount just because of the Databse is not realistic.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter