Author Topic: Download MODO Substance Plugin Updates  (Read 24367 times)

Hi Wes!

First I wanted to thank you for all the great tutorials and information that you have been providing for all Substance products and related engines/software to integrate to! Amazing work!

I am a modo user and I wanted to download the Substance plug-in, but unfortunately the link that you have posted is broken. Would you be so kind to resubmit/update that for us?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

~Zahari

Hi Zahari,

Thanks very much!

I'm sorry about the link issue. The download is now officially available in your Foundry account. I will update the first post.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Any news re. a Linux build?

Hey Wes! I probably should ask the Luxology guys this but I actually don't see it there, I see one for modo 901 in "Additional Content" is that what I'm meant to install for modo 10.0v1? Sorry for the confusion.

Any news re. a Linux build?

We don't have any news on a Linux build. I can look into it.

Cheers,
Wes

Hey Wes! I probably should ask the Luxology guys this but I actually don't see it there, I see one for modo 901 in "Additional Content" is that what I'm meant to install for modo 10.0v1? Sorry for the confusion.

Hi,

The 901 plugin will work. I will check with luxology as it seems it should be in the 10.1 content as well. I know it went through their QA for 10.1.

Cheers,
Wes

Hi Wes,

any news about Linux plugin for modo? 10.1v2

Thanks,
Jan

Hi Wes,

Thanks,
Jan

Hi Jan,

I'm sorry but we do not currently have a Linux build. We plan to support Linux but I don't have an ETA I can share at this time.

Cheers,
wes

Hi Wes,

Thanks,
Jan

Hi Jan,

I'm sorry but we do not currently have a Linux build. We plan to support Linux but I don't have an ETA I can share at this time.

Cheers,
wes

I just came here to re-ask about this. With Apple having dropped all interest in Pro machines, I'm moving away from that platform, and Linux would be something I'd like to run more often than Windows. Is there a way that interest could be formally registered, so that you have better metrics on demand?

Hello,

The modo substance plugin doesn't seem to be compatible with designer 6. Can we expect an update?
I get the error message: 'Substance file contains features not yet supported'. I use modo 10.2v1.

Hello,

The modo substance plugin doesn't seem to be compatible with designer 6. Can we expect an update?
I get the error message: 'Substance file contains features not yet supported'. I use modo 10.2v1.

Hi,

Yes, absolutely : ) The update is coming very soon. I will post it in the beta thread ASAP.

Cheers,
wes

Hi. I have a problem when I try to bake out image files, the only format I get is .tga, even if I change the preferences? Then I don't really understand where I can download the latest version and is there an open beta thread to follow? I'm running Modo 10.2v2 (latest release). /Niklas

Hi just wanting a bit of confirmation.
I've had a major crash with Modo and had to reset and re-install all my plugins.
On the Foundry website the latest Substance plugin ins for 901 at 2.1.0, I think build 165?
When I looked at my "old" configs and kits folder... (I kept a copy of the original configuration in case), I see a folder in Modo configs "Substance 902"... also looking at my backups I have a file substance_modo902-100509_plugin_2.1.0-build226.exe.
Is it ok to use this and should I remove the 901 version? I forget what / where I got this.. (it's probably a beta version).

Secondly also in the "old" modo configs folder there is a folder that is named "SubstanceKit2" I have no idea what that is and what it does... (I can't find any file in my backup area that may lead to this setup).

Because of the severity of the failure I'm being really careful with the re set up of Modo.
Cheers!

Hi. I have a problem when I try to bake out image files, the only format I get is .tga, even if I change the preferences? Then I don't really understand where I can download the latest version and is there an open beta thread to follow? I'm running Modo 10.2v2 (latest release). /Niklas

HI Niklas,

This is an issue with the plugin. We don't support the export texture formats. We are going to update the plugin so that you can choose the format you want to export by using the modo preference setting.

Cheers,
Wes

Hi just wanting a bit of confirmation.
I've had a major crash with Modo and had to reset and re-install all my plugins.
On the Foundry website the latest Substance plugin ins for 901 at 2.1.0, I think build 165?
When I looked at my "old" configs and kits folder... (I kept a copy of the original configuration in case), I see a folder in Modo configs "Substance 902"... also looking at my backups I have a file substance_modo902-100509_plugin_2.1.0-build226.exe.
Is it ok to use this and should I remove the 901 version? I forget what / where I got this.. (it's probably a beta version).

Secondly also in the "old" modo configs folder there is a folder that is named "SubstanceKit2" I have no idea what that is and what it does... (I can't find any file in my backup area that may lead to this setup).

Because of the severity of the failure I'm being really careful with the re set up of Modo.
Cheers!

HI,

Very sorry to hear about this crash! That sounds very bad indeed.

For the substance plugin, you will want to remove all of the Substance kits you have. Then, download the latest plugin we have on our site. It's the latest version as we are still in QA with the Foundry to have this version released on their site.

https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download

Cheers,
Wes

Hello,

The latest beta 'substance_modo10.0-109580_plugin_2.4.0-build265' doesn't work on MODO 902 SP3.

It show up in the 'Kit Toggle Enable' dropdown list but it doesn't show up in 'Texture' tab menu.

Only 'Substance_MODO_901_Plugin_2.1.0' downloaded from Foundry seems to work.

Hope there's a fix. Thanks.