Author Topic: Crash with 3D View  (Read 2329 times)

Hi there,

Currently I can't use B2M3 as it will crash every time I try to open the "3D View". Trying to reset the layout will also end up in B2M3 crashing. So I am stuck and can't really use it for much atm. Any help? See attached video...

Hi there,

Currently I can't use B2M3 as it will crash every time I try to open the "3D View". Trying to reset the layout will also end up in B2M3 crashing. So I am stuck and can't really use it for much atm. Any help? See attached video...

Hey Thomas,

Can you post your system specs? I'll have a dev check this issue.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

I am running Windows 8.1 using:

GPU: GeForce 780 SC
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @3.50GHZ
Memory: 16GB RAM
Resolution: 1920x1080, 60Hz (Dual Monitor)
Driver: 347.52

Any news/updates on this?

Some more questions :
  • Has B2M ever worked on that machine, or was it crashing from day one ?
  • If it used to work, have you changed the layout ? In particular, did you have some windows on one screen and the 3D view on the other screen ?
  • I see on the video that you drag the B2M main window from one screen to the screen where you are doing the capture. Does it still crash if you leave the window were it first appeared ?
  • Are you running B2M from Steam ?
  • Are you running other applications at the same time (in particular other 3D apps, screen capture, FPS counter, or anything which may try apply an overlay or a HUD over the 3D view) ?
  • Do you have Substance Designer ? If no, can you download the evaluation version, install it and check whether its 3D view also crashes the application ?

* Yes B2M3 has worked before and rarely crashed.
* Yes I am using a 2 monitor setup and used to have the 3D on a different screen.
* I just dragged the main screen to the other monitor and reset the layout. Doesn't crash now! This seems to indicate that B2M3 doesn't like something about multi-monitor setups.

So from the looks of it we exposed the bug. At least I can work with it once again atm so thanks for having me check your list.