Author Topic: Texturing marathon for learning purpose started 01.2015  (Read 3126 times)

Texturing marathon (Substance Painter) for learning purpose started in january 2015.
I Am quite happy with Substance Painter (over 100 render are done so far) even there are some limitations
for rendering in none game engines such as the max. resolution output at 4K.

Whatever .. if you interested visit my flickr 3d album every item was painted with S.P..
and you can also find me on Artstation
Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:28:50 am
Windows 10 / Octane & Marmoset Toolbag / GTX Titan Black 6GB + GTX 970 / Intel Core i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHZ (6 Core / 12 Threads)

*applause*

very cool, beautiful geom work, excellent and tasteful texturing and rendering, in every image in your gallery!  what was the renderer?

how were you UV mapping these things?  the resolution looks very high for them to have non-tiling UVs, and yet i see plenty of edge-following material effects...  this is awesome, one of the few things this year in CG that has made me go *how did he do that?!*

could you share your process with us?
Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 02:49:15 am

Very nice !
What did you use to render them?

Very nice !
What did you use to render them?
Thank you .. I use Octane (Standalone)

*applause*

very cool, beautiful geom work, excellent and tasteful texturing and rendering, in every image in your gallery!  what was the renderer?

how were you UV mapping these things?  the resolution looks very high for them to have non-tiling UVs, and yet i see plenty of edge-following material effects...  this is awesome, one of the few things this year in CG that has made me go *how did he do that?!*

could you share your process with us?
Thank you: I would make a screencast but my english is not good enough, to bring you a valuable resource.
  • Export the CAD-File from MoI as "OBJ" (MoI3D create basic UV-Maps)
  • Refine the UV-Maps and create materials (I combine parts by size and type - what ever make sense to the object... I also split bigger parts if the 4K-map is not enough.
  • Hint: For geometry such as pipes: I unwrap the hole pice and position only a part of it into the UV-grid. Substance Painter repeat the texture for grid.
  • Export from Painter
  • Render with Octane
But I'm open to skype with you If you want to share also your workflow with me.
Windows 10 / Octane & Marmoset Toolbag / GTX Titan Black 6GB + GTX 970 / Intel Core i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHZ (6 Core / 12 Threads)

Awesome work voto, loved it

Awesome work voto, loved it
thank you  ;D

Amazing work! Very detailed, and hi res. Love it!