Author Topic: Colour Shift Import Export issue please help  (Read 2307 times)

Hi everyone!

when i import a texture map as shown below, (i make no changes to the color or anything else) and after exporting the base color map it always seems to become duller and less saturated.

i tried changing the file format to tiff and jpeg during exporting and importing. but the change is still there.
it even makes the image more dull when i repeat the process over and over again.

you can test out the texture file i uploaded named " Original.jpg" and you can clearly see the colour change
please help, i think this is a really big problem. thank you!!
Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:19:09 am

Hey hansoo,

I can confirm that there is a colour shift. I think this is an issue, but I'll check if we can get an Developer on this so we can be sure :)
Maybe we both are just overseeing something. Thanks for posting this, anyway.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

I have reproduced the issuer and logged it in our database. We will look into it.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Any ETA on this?  This is pretty huge.  It means that no matter what, I can't get the result I expected out of Painter.  Which means that I have to stop using Painter until it works, or you can give me a work around.

Here's an image where I exported a map, imported it, and exported again so you can see how very terrible this is.

I've gone through most of the available channels and have noticed it happens on BaseColor, Specular, and Emissive.  All of the user channels seem exempt.  If I knew enough about current state of the shaders and our ability to edit them, could I make one of the user channels behave like basecolor/specular/emissive? (Mari's system for shader agnostic channels is so much smarter than Painter's current system btw).
Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:20:33 am

I don't have an ETA, sorry.
If you want to write a custom shader we have some documentation available in painter. Go to the menu Help > Shader documentation.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Just to be clear, I don't work by exporting, reimporting, and exporting again, I just wanted to show that it is doing something, and that you can never get out exactly what you put in...

Hi all im wandering about the update on this issue. Its been quite long. Thanks

Hi guys,
We made some modifications about it recently, and still work on it.
If everything goes fine it will be part of the 1.5 release.

Cheers
Lead technical artist
gaetan.lassagne@allegorithmic.com