Author Topic: uservoice  (Read 1406 times)

hey got a question, why you guys started to make something thats got very few votes on the uservoice and the stuff which got more than enough votes, gets to be done after, why you need the uservoice in the first place if you decide what to do first on your own lol
   I pretty much got the same needs as every SP user, and really want to get the important features which affect functionality greatly, not the small ones like the additional shader lol
dont mean anything bad about you guys, its just doesn seem to be too logical to me ;D
Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:34:57 pm

Hey meshsel,

some features are faster to implement than others and those greatly requested ones are often those needing a bit more time.
The uservoice is great to see what the community want, but it's not a rule that Allegorithmic sticks to and leave everything else out. ;)

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey meshsel,

some features are faster to implement than others and those greatly requested ones are often those needing a bit more time.
The uservoice is great to see what the community want, but it's not a rule that Allegorithmic sticks to and leave everything else out. ;)

Best Regards

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry but this is not correct and doesn't represent how the uservoice is used at Allegorithmic. : )

While it is true that some features are faster than others, it is a far better use of our time to implement the most requested features by the community. Our users tell us what they need : )

Of course developer resources and time account for some decisions, but there is also the factor of when a feature can be implemented. Perhaps a feature that doesn't has as many votes needs to be done first so that it paves the way from a coding standpoint for the more requested features.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I would add to this that requests from studios currently in production with Substance Painter are also part of the equation and are most of the time different than the requests on Uservoice. We are trying to satisfy everybody :)