Author Topic: Substance painter crashing every time i open or create a substance  (Read 2095 times)

So i downloaded the trial version of substance painter and it loads up fine but when i go to open any mesh or even openning one of the samples like "hans" for example, it instantly crashes with the "close program or wait for program to respond" dialogue box.

Ive tried everything i can think of, i have re-installed graphics drivers and im definitely up to date, i tried rolling back to the last 5 previous drivers too, ive tried uninstalling, re-downloading and re-installing substance painter aswell, any help on this would be hugely appreciated.
My PC specs are
I7 2600k 3.4Ghz
Nvidia Gtx 980
16GB RAM
2Tb HDD storage
180 GB SSD storage
Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:19:03 am

We have a know issue that might be related to what you are experiencing :
   - [Open project] Crash when calling the "file open"/"save as" dialog on Windows.
   The crash is related to shell extensions. See this thread on how to "fix it" : https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=4825.msg24737#msg24737
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I dont have an alienware machine, i tried it anyway just to see if anything showed up and unfortunately there was nothing

Hi,

Can you tell me what is the brand of your pc ?

Thx!

Alex
Senior Software Engineer
Substance Painter Team
@achassany

Also did you send a crash report ? If yes, can you give me either the e-mail you gave into it our directly the ticket number ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi,

Can you tell me what is the brand of your pc ?

Thx!

Alex

I actually built it myself, its basically just a Intel i7 Cpu and an asus motherboard and nvidia graphics card

Also did you send a crash report ? If yes, can you give me either the e-mail you gave into it our directly the ticket number ?

Erm i sent an email to Contact@allegorithmic and spoke with Nicolas LIATTI, i spoke with him for a while and sent him the log.txt but eventually he just linked me to this forum and told me to post the question here and a product manager might be able to help, my email is youngpeculiar@gmail.com