Author Topic: Working with exported maps in Photoshop  (Read 1802 times)

Tried searching for this one, but came up empty.  Been working with this program for about 2 months now, and it works great, but I'm having issues on how to bring them into photoshop and combining the different maps to make a single png.  Getting my specular, height, normal, diffuse and roughness channels in photoshop, but I'm getting completely lost when it comes to pushing out a single png with all these maps (excluding the normal map).  What blend modes need to be used?  What order are the layers meant to be in? 
Thanks for any help!

Hey goran_mato,

what exactly do you want to do? I'm not sure how you want to 'combine' those maps in Photoshop and why do you need the blending modes. I'm kinda confused about what you are trying to do, actually.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

This is a texture for a landing gear for an aircraft.  So I have all my maps.  But for me to make this work in the platform I'm creating it for, I need all layers for this particular psd flattened to pump out a final png.  I'm limited to what I can work with for the platform to a normal map (combined with a specular map using masks) and a single png for the actual object.  Normally, when I did all this in photoshop, I would simply bake out an occlusion map, set that layer to multiply, and then paint the diffuse map under it. 
So what I currently have is...

(right click the image and open it in a new tab to see full size)
And I need to save this as a png with all those layers flattened to 1 png that is a combination of what I exported out of Painter.
Sometimes I would just hide things, like the metal layer when it comes to something like rubber tires. 
The only thing I can think of, other than layer blending modes, is to paint in Painter with just the base color layer and no height, roughness, metal channels.  But then it doesn't come out nearly as good.
Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:17:51 am