Author Topic: Support for sbsar outputs as image inputs?  (Read 2136 times)

Hello,

I would like to know if it is now possible to plug the outputs of sbsar materials into the inputs of another sbsar material.
This would be really really cool because it would greatly facilitate the import and use of topology maps for the meshes in UE4. Indeed I use the bakers to create a sbsar for each mesh exported from 3dsmax; this sbsar encapsulate the position maps, normals, etc so that to ensure we have all the right topological data for each meshes to use in materials dependent on the structure of the objects. The idea is then to plug only this topology sbsar into the substance materials instead of having to import and plug every topology maps.

Of course this is a big trick that will only be required until the point where it will be possible to plug directly a mesh in a substance material ;)

Thank you

Hi werwack,

I will find out and let you know :)

Hi werwack,

Sorry for the delay in response. We do not support it right now, but it is on our feature roadmap for the plugin.

Thank you very much.

I personaly think it would be a major enhancement.

Best regards

Hi Josh,

do you have some news about this request? Could it be considered soon?

Thank you very much

Hi werwack,

The main reason we haven't pushed it yet is because we're refactoring the plugin to make it more robust. Once we do that, we'll be back to adding features on a regular basis, and this one is high on the list.

Josh