Author Topic: UE4 Substance Plugin and 4K maps  (Read 4662 times)

So Im following along the Substance in UE4 Youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_coeFqMNUP0   I used all 4k maps in designer and under the UE4 material instance settings drop down the highest it goes is 2K. I found another thread on the forums here and they said a work around was to leave all your maps Absolute at 4K, I tried that and my maps come in UE4 at 2K still.
The process Wes does in the video series is just about over my head and I might have some noob setting or something I forgot or dont know about.  Am I doing something wrong or is the substance plugin maxed out at 2K. 
Thanks Chuck

So Im following along the Substance in UE4 Youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_coeFqMNUP0   I used all 4k maps in designer and under the UE4 material instance settings drop down the highest it goes is 2K. I found another thread on the forums here and they said a work around was to leave all your maps Absolute at 4K, I tried that and my maps come in UE4 at 2K still.
The process Wes does in the video series is just about over my head and I might have some noob setting or something I forgot or dont know about.  Am I doing something wrong or is the substance plugin maxed out at 2K. 
Thanks Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I'm sorry for the confusion. The UE4 plugin maxes at 2K. The UE4 plugin uses the Substance CPU engine. The Substance GPU engine can go to 4K. We will update the UE4 plugin to work with the GPU engine.

Please let me know if you have questions from the series.

Cheers,

wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks for the fast reply, you guys are the best. Sounds great, cant wait for the update! :)   

I have noticed that the substance plug-in for UE4 now has the option to switch to the GPU Engine for texture generation, however the maximum size textures can be generated at is still 2048x2048. Any ideas when 4096x4096 will be an available option? Currently I have to bake out the maps manually.

I have noticed that the substance plug-in for UE4 now has the option to switch to the GPU Engine for texture generation, however the maximum size textures can be generated at is still 2048x2048. Any ideas when 4096x4096 will be an available option?
It already allows you to use 4096 after you actually switch it to the GPU engine from Project Settings->Plugins->Substance->Cooking

edit: duh
Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:19:15 pm