Author Topic: Rust Filter Not working - 1.4 MAC  (Read 1229 times)

Rust filter still drawing incorrectly on mac. Attached images below (painter 1.4)

This is the default effect applied to a base metal fill layer. The rust filter is washing out the underlying material instead of just applying the effect on top.
Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:07:45 pm

I will need your log file to be able to help you. You can export it by going to "Help > Export log".
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi thanks for reply.

I'm not clued up on log file. Do you need it from a blank scene or the scene from the above demo?

Also is it safe to post it here? (any sensitive info etc)

thanks

You can send the log once you have opened a project with the issue.
If you don't want to publish it here, you can send it to me by PM. :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I sent you an email.

Thanks

Thanks for the log file : does this problem happens at a resolution document of 2048 ? Or is it only at 4096 ?
If it's only at 4096, then it's a know issue : https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=5377.0
-----------

Happens with all resolutions. Even 128.

Okay I reproduced the issue on my side. I have logged it in our database. Thanks a lot for all the details !
-----------

I see this issue is now solved in the latest version for mac. I didn't see a note on it.

thanks

It was fixed in 1.4.1 :
- [Mac] BaseColor from substance effects is displayed as Linear
-----------