Author Topic: Line tool, Marquee tools!!!  (Read 5512 times)

I have to texture a barrel at work today, it has many straight lines...i cant for the life of me get straight lines. PLEASE add a line tool! or even...Shift+LMB would work (like in photoshop)

i constantly have to create exact hard lines at sharp angles for the hard surface texturing i have to do. this would be a life saver.

LOVE to have marquee selections too! circle shape, rectangular and lasso i could do a ton with those tools.

thanks for listening!

The line tool is coming very (very) soon :)

It is here yay!
Freelance 3d Artist Modo Substance
Mark TomlinsonMarkBTomlinson - Substance Tools Group

The marquee/lasso tool would make my life complete.  Or really close to complete.  I still need a Ferrari.  But a marquee/lasso tool would be a great start.

I really miss the polygonal lasso select tool in Photoshop when I'm working in Substance, especially for hard-surface stuff.  The straight line tool is GREAT.  :)

jw
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:40:52 pm

would have saved my ass yesterday if we had marquee selections. rectangular and circular also needed.

DAMN, so basic, wish it was in substance.

bump - the shift-click photoshop line function is now in - but only that.

painter has less draw tools than MS-Paint guys! lets see some more! rect tool, circle tool, lasso tool!

painter has less draw tools than MS-Paint guys! lets see some more! rect tool, circle tool, lasso tool!

YES PLEASE!!!

Currently at 1.6!!! and STILL no BASIC tools like rect/circle...just wow

Currently at 1.6!!! and STILL no BASIC tools like rect/circle...just wow

THIS...

I'll have to chime in here too and join the line of people requesting this very basic feature. Currently I have to cross my fingers and hope for good uv's when I do my textures so that I can clean it up in 2D since none of the 3D-texturing apps I use have this feature. Please add it!  :)

Cheers

Jan 2017, Does anyone know if these tools have been implemented yet?

Really annoying to make simple things like stripes on curved surfaces.
Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:58:27 am

Jan 2017, Does anyone know if these tools have been implemented yet?

They have not.

Have you voted for them  - that helps. :)

https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/261284-substance-painter/?query=marquee

Main Uservoice page
https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/261284-substance-painter

bump - this is a must have for hard surface