Author Topic: Getting started series - Substance Painter  (Read 105231 times)

Hi, following the course but in my texture set list there is no drop down menu to select 'new texture instance'!  Whats this all about? Thanks

OK, first video...8  mins in and already I'm googling how to add a Main Shader.  That's a bit naff for a tutorial series direct from the company.  Maybe best to follow more up to date tutorials?  Any other suggestion for accurate and up to date tutorials based on current version?

I just hit that snag too, no drop down menu for the Main shader in the texture set list.  Guess its time to go Youtubing...gosh i hate doing that lol.

I'm following the tutorial and in section 01 there's supposed to be drop downs for each item in the Texture Set List, but there's not. 
Can anyone please help?  Thanks!

Hello,

We are working on a new getting started course to replace the current. We have had a lot of UI changes and I apologize for all the confusion. The new course is being recorded now and will will remove the out data course.

The shader setting is now listed on the Texture Set Settings. You can access the shader drop down and choose New Shader Instance.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi, following the course but in my texture set list there is no drop down menu to select 'new texture instance'!  Whats this all about? Thanks

I think this is now in the Texture Set Settings Tab.

The mask around the edges isn't working like in the video #3 &#4, I've baked but nothing has changed. I just purchased SP 2021 is their something different in the versions maybe?

Thank you a lot!

I just got started with this one and didn't even know where to start at all.. but thanks to your explanations I had a fluent start :)