Author Topic: MODO 901 - PBR Substances Render Setup  (Read 24829 times)

Yep, here is what i get using provided sbsar file from you:

Also i set the normal map to 2.2, because you can see what happen on second screenshot if not do it.

And you can check my result on third picture with Roughness set to 2.2 = linear.

Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:53:02 pm

Yep, here is what i get using provided sbsar file from you:

Also i set the normal map to 2.2, because you can see what happen on second screenshot what happen if not do it.

Ah, I see. I think you have an older version of the plugin. We fixed this issue. Can you please try this latest version. The colorspace is handled correctly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4595383/substance-modo_2.1.0_build165.zip

Cheers,

Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes, i have a stupid question, what sbar do you load in Modo, when in Painter you didnt use any material (Uniform color), but create only a paint layer , and you have painted with Color/Metal/Roughness activated. I cant transfer the map created in painter to modo, with this kind of material.

Franck
Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:58:13 pm

Hi Wes, i have a stupid question, what sbar do you load in Modo, when in Painter you didnt use any material (Uniform color), but create only a paint layer , and you have painted with Color/Metal/Roughness activated. I cant transfer the map created in painter to modo, with this kind of material.

Franck

Hi Franck,

From Painter, I would export using the PBR_SpecGloss preset. This will give you a converted specular map. However, you will need to invert the glossiness map in Modo by hitting the invert button on the texture layer. It would be best to create an export preset. I have attached a preset here. You can add the preset to this location. C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf\export-presets.

Cheers,

Wes

Franck

Hi Franck,

From Painter, I would export using the PBR_SpecGloss preset. This will give you a converted specular map. However, you will need to invert the glossiness map in Modo by hitting the invert button on the texture layer. It would be best to create an export preset. I have attached a preset here. You can add the preset to this location. C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf\export-presets.

Cheers,

Wes

Thanks a lot Wes, I ll try this.

Franck
Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:23:19 pm

Ah, I see. I think you have an older version of the plugin. We fixed this issue. Can you please try this latest version. The colorspace is handled correctly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4595383/substance-modo_2.1.0_build165.zip

Cheers,

Wes

Wes YOU put an end to my agony!!!! I am alive AGAIN :)

Voilà

I discover what happened when Importance Sampling is not enabled:

-Normal map color space now work in linear space by default - perfect!
-No further issue with Roughness.

Big thanks for your help Wes and for spending time on my issue!

Best Regards,
Dian

Franck

Hi Franck,

Cheers,

Wes

Wes, if i using PBR_SpecGloss to export all of my maps what Effect should i use in Modo for Glossiness map? Roughness? And from what i understand, the only changes that need to be done is to invert the Glossiness map, is that right?

Also if i using Modo 901 custom presets that you kindly provided, is there any further changes that need to be made in Modo, like inverting and so on?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Dian

Franck

Hi Franck,

Cheers,

Wes

Wes, if i using PBR_SpecGloss to export all of my maps what Effect should i use in Modo for Glossiness map? Roughness? And from what i understand, the only changes that need to be done is to invert the Glossiness map, is that right?

Also if i using Modo 901 custom presets that you kindly provided, is there any further changes that need to be made in Modo, like inverting and so on?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Dian

HI Dian,

I'm so glad I was able to help : )

Yes, you have it right. The glossiness is the invert of the roughness map. You can use the roughness effect, but you just need to tick the invert button on the map if you use glossiness as you mentioned.

You shouldn't need to change any settings if you are using the export preset. I am using the roughness map, OGL normal map in that preset.

Cheers,

Wes

I am GLAD i found this thread... I will eventually be using Substance Painter to do my CG workflow into Modo... (sorry MARI) and I think once I read your guide... I will get a grasp of these concepts. If it's not too much, do you think you can make a painting video that will allow us who use modo to work with the textures in it?

I am GLAD i found this thread... I will eventually be using Substance Painter to do my CG workflow into Modo... (sorry MARI) and I think once I read your guide... I will get a grasp of these concepts. If it's not too much, do you think you can make a painting video that will allow us who use modo to work with the textures in it?

HI,

Very great to hear it was helpful. I am planning on creating an export video for Painter that shows how to use the maps in various programs. I will be working on that very soon.

Cheers

Wes

Awesome sauce... and hopefully when SP also starts becoming used more in CG painting, we will be able to support more features such as importing FBX files with blendshapes... perfect for stuff like frogs croaking and the membrane fills up

Thanks for the Painter preset. I added a "Metallic" output to control the specular amount in MODO to control the specular amount. In the "Texture Layers" tab I can then set the "Low Value" to something like 4% to give me an appropiate amount of specularity (instead of black / 0%).
Works very well with all sorts of materials that have dielectric and metallic properties.

Hey Wes,

is there a quick setup for Modo 801 Indie (Indie got no plugin support, very unfortunately) you can point me at? Maybe one that covers setting up IBL for HDR cubemaps, also?

Cheers!

Hey Wes,

is there a quick setup for Modo 801 Indie (Indie got no plugin support, very unfortunately) you can point me at? Maybe one that covers setting up IBL for HDR cubemaps, also?

Cheers!

HI Elowan,

For Modo Indie, you can use the non-PBR outputs. In terms of using the IBL, I think its the same process of just importing in the HDR panoramic image and using it in the Environment section. You don't need to create a cubemap for modo's environment.

Cheers,

Wes

Hey guys, sorry to necropost, but will this set up work in Modo 10? I have finally upgraded and now want to test out Substance Painter for use with Modo and VRay... Thanks