Author Topic: Pausing 3D view  (Read 1068 times)

Hi guys! :)

I'm learning SD for the throne room challenge, so im still a huge newb.

Is there a way to disable computing the entire graph momentarily, and only compute (up to) the selected node?

For example, if I have a huge graph that takes 20 seconds to compute, and I want to tweak a mask generator, can I somehow pause/disable the 3D view, so I can get fast feedback on the mask in the 2D view? Or do I always have to wait 20 seconds before I see my changes in the 2D view?

I googled it, and only post I found was from May, where this wasn't possible, so thats why I am posting it here.

Hey,
That's a good question, but I am surprised that it takes you 20 seconds to compute the graph (that's a lot) !

As a workaround, you can think of breaking the chain or plug directly the node you want to see in the output.

you can also right click and drag n drop your node in the 3d view to visualize it, but I am not sure it will avoid the computation..

Hey casperwermuth,

you can simply close the 3D-View with the small X on the top right of the window.
This prevents the 3D view from getting computed and the 2D View & Graph View will work faster.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey casperwermuth,

you can simply close the 3D-View with the small X on the top right of the window.
This prevents the 3D view from getting computed and the 2D View & Graph View will work faster.

Best Regards

Good to know :-)

Thanks, guys.
Well, the 20 seconds was just an example :)
I was just working on a mask that was very sensitive, so I wondered if there was a way to speed up the 2D view and neglect the 3D view, just momentarily.