Author Topic: [SP] PBR Export Presets & Preview Generator  (Read 16529 times)

Hi & Short Intro
Export textures from painter to your render engine, these presets save your time.
Also available are scenes and files to generate thumbnails (custom preview) for materials in the Substance Painter shelf.

*Uploads are stored on MediaFire
*Every Download in this post is for personal and commercial project without any restriction. No need to give me credits.

Export Presets :: Octane Render
More information on how to use the maps with Octane

Export Presets :: Marmoset Toolbag 2
More information (PBR 1) on how to use the maps in Marmoset Toolbag

Thanks go to: froyok, Fabian F. . . .
Copy or move the presets into "documents/Substance Painter/shelf/export-presets".

I record a quick and short video on how to use the exported maps from the preset PBR 2 in Marmoset Toolbag 2.

Preview Generator :: Painter & Marmoset
Those scenes are available for download and quite useful to generate a quick material preview (thumbnails) for the shelf.
Each download contain: Substance Painter project, Marmoset Toolbag scene and mesh files (Also one folder:Textures).

Whatever you're planning with the downloaded stuff, I do not care (it's free).
The following projects included additional textures, materials and drawings.
Use it.. as you wish.

*This Smart Material can contain more than one material preset inside.

Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:58:38 am
Windows 10 / Octane & Marmoset Toolbag / GTX Titan Black 6GB + GTX 970 / Intel Core i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHZ (6 Core / 12 Threads)

Hey voto1979,

Thanks for sharing the presets here. Great idea!

The only thing I would suggest is to change the name 'Gloss' to 'Roughness' in the export preset, because you feed the Roughness map into that export but the user could think it's the gloss map (inverted roughness).

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

The only thing I would suggest is to change the name 'Gloss' to 'Roughness' in the export preset, because you feed the Roughness map into that export but the user could think it's the gloss map (inverted roughness)....

I thought I use the naming from Marmoset Toolbag instead of the map naming from Painter. But maybe you are right (the past few conversion with you always turn that way)
Windows 10 / Octane & Marmoset Toolbag / GTX Titan Black 6GB + GTX 970 / Intel Core i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHZ (6 Core / 12 Threads)

I would suggest using the "Glossiness" map from the "converted map" section in the export preset configuration. This way you will export a correct glossiness map created from the roughness channel of the document (basically a 1-x). No need then to invert it in Toolbag 2. :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I would suggest using the "Glossiness" map from the "converted map" section in the export preset configuration. This way you will export a correct glossiness map created from the roughness channel of the document (basically a 1-x). No need then to invert it in Toolbag 2. :)

I update the list with your suggestion! Thanks . . . I wish I had the knowledge from you both. I think the freedom and possibility we have with Substance Designer and Painter are overwhelming and I Am happy that I joint allegorithmic where Painter was still beta software. This was helping me alot that I actually grow with the software. For me personally I reach a whole new level in 3D.

PBR is awesome... Painter and Designer and my Dog too.

Smart materials do not generate a automatic preview and also if you like to use your own thumbnails (custom preview). I upload a thumbnail generator for Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag 2.

All downloads and links are listed in the first post
Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 03:07:40 pm

A new preview scene generator is uploaded and also a quick intro video recorded on how to use the exported maps with Marmoset Toolbag 2.

All downloads and links are listed in the first post!

Hi,

Very nice! Great post.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Really nice thx !
Do you think it's possible to add the fbx or obj of the 2 spheres (so I can use them in Designer as well)?
Thanks

Hi, Very nice! Great post. Cheers, Wes
thank you!

Really nice thx ! Do you think it's possible to add the fbx or obj of the 2 spheres (so I can use them in Designer as well)? Thanks
thank you too. I am still uploading with 47kb (Dropbox) the new previewGen. files which contain the mesh.

I was playing a little bit around and start creating smart materials which hold for me a small set of typical materials.
In this case for industrial design. This Scene (03) will also be uploaded.

All downloads and links are listed in the first post!

Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:43:16 am

Its me again... since I started with my custom preview scenes, I want that same look for the tool shelf. Especially for particles it is kinda hard to remember the effects. So there two scenes in the upload.

• Scene 04 (which is perfect for patterns / this sphere has mirror UVs for high detail.)
  • Scene 05 (was made to preview your particles and your tools)

Feel free to adjust the lights, camera and materials. Just play a little bit with the settings to create your own unique look. I will also leave a note  at the first post: Download is for personal and commercial project without any restriction. No need to give me credits.

As allways the downloads and links are listed in the first post!

Update for this thread with two new scenes (06 & 07).
Both previewGen scenes can hold 2 materials and are prepared with color-map ID.

The main substance material in scene 07 is from Käy Vriend (forum/post). I would recommend to also visit his blog for more informations.

New preview scenes for fabric materials (08 & 09) are uploaded.

Update for this thread: previewGen 08, 09 & 10 are online.
I still learn Marmoset Toolbag 2 and I recognize several mistake I made so far. But nevermind I also decide to leave the original textures in the Substance project maybe it will help one or the other.

Hi, is there any suggestion what a material preview sphere must have?
Before you ask me why I Am doing this stuff? I am learning and those are not big projects which teach me every part from modelling, texturing and presentation and I can do several of them. So if you have any crittic or helpful tips please share it with the community or at least with me :-)