Author Topic: Modo 901 export to Substance Painter, bug?  (Read 2702 times)

Hey all. Totally new here. Hoping this post saves someone else the headaches. After spending more time than I care to mention testing imports from MODO 901 into Painter here's what I've discovered:

(All had same settings. Same exact export).
LWO - imports separate (texture sets) fine.
LXO - imports the mesh but not as texture set. (Says default mesh only.)
DFX - imports separate (texture sets) fine.
FBX - imports the mesh but not as texture set. (Says default mesh only.)
OBJ - imports separate (texture sets) fine.

I was simply trying to import meshes with separate texture sets. That was the goal here. Not sure if this is a Modo 901 issue or an Allegorithmic issue but thought it needed to be posted here anyway.

- Thanks.

SOLVED!!!! Silly me. In MODO preferences under FILE I/O I didn't have "Save Material" checked. Now FBX is working fine.
Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:00:41 pm

Hey all. Totally new here. Hoping this post saves someone else the headaches. After spending more time than I care to mention testing imports from MODO 901 into Painter here's what I've discovered:

(All had same settings. Same exact export).
LWO - imports separate (texture sets) fine.
LXO - imports the mesh but not as texture set. (Says default mesh only.)
DFX - imports separate (texture sets) fine.
FBX - imports the mesh but not as texture set. (Says default mesh only.)
OBJ - imports separate (texture sets) fine.

I was simply trying to import meshes with separate texture sets. That was the goal here. Not sure if this is a Modo 901 issue or an Allegorithmic issue but thought it needed to be posted here anyway.

- Thanks.

SOLVED!!!! Silly me. In MODO preferences under FILE I/O I didn't have "Save Material" checked. Now FBX is working fine.

Hi,

Ah, glad you got is working. I was going to say it sounded like the material was not being saved. I would recommend to use FBX.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja