Author Topic: UX request: configurable navigation  (Read 938 times)

Dear Allegorithmic,

I've recently started to use Substance Designer and Painter. Both are excellent products and I'm very happy to use them. However, I think there is one feature that is missing - configurable navigation.

I spend a lot of time with Photoshop and MODO. Although navigation is very different in these two programs, I'm already used to it. Unfortunately now with Allegorithmic products I'm having difficulties with learning yet another, completely different navigation style. When I'm switching between applications it feels very awkward and unnatural.

Please be so kind as to consider allowing users to modify navigation shortcuts. I'd really appreciate that!

I think this video on YouTube about reversed bicycle illustrates the problem precisely:

The Backwards Brain Bicycle - Smarter Every Day 133
youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0

Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:11:03 pm

So, is customizable keyboard and mouse configuration currently in plans?
Anything we could possibly see in the foreseeable future?

Hey jungle11,

sorry I didn't came back to you. I can't answer this question right now but a developer may do. But I'm sure it will be possible in the future. :)

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

So, is customizable keyboard and mouse configuration currently in plans?
Anything we could possibly see in the foreseeable future?

Hi,

We don't have anything specifically planned at this time. I agree that configurable navigation would be good. Please post this idea to our user voice so we can poll on the importance of this option.

https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/257908-substance-designer

All user feedback is very important to us and no request is too small : ) However, we use the user voice to prioritize what the community is asking for. This way, we get the most requested features done first.

Thanks much,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja