Author Topic: Substance Subscription Changes: details & FAQ  (Read 79075 times)

Q: Is Substance a part of Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps?

A: Substance is not a part of Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps.

Is it planned to be a part of Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps in future?

For now, there are no plans, but it remains an open topic.

Hello, Quick questions. I am on my 7th month in the subscription period but I already have a perpetual license of substance painter from when i first went on sub. When I cancel my subscription on the 12th month will I have the most recent version of substance painter. I ask because I don't need 2 substance painter licences. Can I keep my prior substance painter license with the latest update or will it revert back to when I first bought the perpetual license? I am on the subscription so I can get Designer when my 12th month comes to an end.  Also I heard since the dumb Adobe merger we cant keep our perpetual licences even though I paid 149 for it before adobe came along, Is this true?

Hey for your first question after 12 months and paying the 49$ you will get the latest version you paid for, no worries.
for what you heard online this is totally false, the perpetual licenses will remain active.

Nicolas LIATTI,

I feel I need to ask this again (or more clearly) because the answers I have seen seem purposely narrow. My current renewal schedule for Substance Painter is in April of next year. After I renew this coming April 2020 will I be offered an early renewal option near Oct 2020 as to keep my license fresh until Oct 2021?

I'm going to double-check, but as the maintenance are annual, my bet would be to wait October 2020 to renew (I'll edit as soon as I have more info)

Indeed, I am confirming: if you want updates until october 2021, you better wait october 2020 to purchase the maintenance

Indeed, I am confirming: if you want updates until october 2021, you better wait october 2020 to purchase the maintenance

Thank you for the clarification on this matter.

I purchased a subscription to Designer & Painter on jan-2019. The subscription expired yesterday and I was expecting to receive a perpetual license instead but it didn't happen. Now I can't use the tools. Should I do something special to get the perpetual license?

Please send an email to contact@substance3d.com

Nicolas LIATTI,

I feel I need to ask this again (or more clearly) because the answers I have seen seem purposely narrow. My current renewal schedule for Substance Painter is in April of next year. After I renew this coming April 2020 will I be offered an early renewal option near Oct 2020 as to keep my license fresh until Oct 2021?

I'm going to double-check, but as the maintenance are annual, my bet would be to wait October 2020 to renew (I'll edit as soon as I have more info)

So this means that even if I extend my maintenance at October 2020, for a year until October 2021. There will be no more maintenance options after that, even for us? Then what? We need to buy a perpetual for full price at steam in October 2021? I would suggest that some type of steam key etc.. could be provided to current owners, to mitigate that situation. Assuming there is even an upgrade option on Steam to begin with for current owners?

After October 2021, your license will still be valid of course, but you won't be able to receive new updates unless you either buy a perpetual license on Steam or enroll in the subscription.

Hey for your first question after 12 months and paying the 49$ you will get the latest version you paid for, no worries.
for what you heard online this is totally false, the perpetual licenses will remain active.
[/quote]

Ok thanks, what about my original perpetual license for substance painter? will this have the latest update when I cancel on my 12th month? can I just buy designer for $49.95 or do I need to buy substance again to have the latest updates, thanks!! I pretty much just need designer since I already have a perpetual of substance. 

As a customer, I feel ripped off. I've bought Substance Painter because a perpetual license is what fuels the Indie community and, honestly, is the only financially viable way for me to use the product.
I didn't get an e-mail, nor any official info on the fact that perpetual licenses will end, furthermore, that they're being completely terminated by October this year.
This forum post I found randomly. So yes, I do really feel ripped off.
When maintenance licensing is killed, there is no way for me to update anymore, because annual or even monthly subscriptions would ruin me financially.

Unless there will be a way to bring perpetual licenses back or receive maintenance, you have lost a future customer. Back when I first purchased Painter I celebrated and praised Allegorithmic, an indie-friendly software company that cares and smaller devs can relate to too. But that move broke the trust I put in you guys. And I'm not the only customer who feels betrayed and embezzled.

This just had to be said. And I don't care if this is not the thread for frustration, it's my response to the small forum post that announced big news, which we should've been informed thoroughly about.