Author Topic: How to export grayscale map to Unreal (RGB)  (Read 2559 times)

I hope this hasn't been asked a thousand times, but how do I export roughness, AO and metalness maps ready to place into Unreal 4? By default they are not RGB, which prevents them from importing into Unreal, and forcing me to first bring them into Photoshop to make them RGB.

I hope this hasn't been asked a thousand times, but how do I export roughness, AO and metalness maps ready to place into Unreal 4? By default they are not RGB, which prevents them from importing into Unreal, and forcing me to first bring them into Photoshop to make them RGB.

Hi,

We have a version of B2M3 for UE4 that fixes this issue and exports the roughness/metallic as greyscale. It is the B2M3_UE4.sbsar. I think you should have access to this from your downloads as a B2M3 user.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks

I'm hoping this is okay for a necro, but I go to my downloads, and I see Bitmap2Material 3 indie, Bitmap2Material 3 Pro, Substance Painter Indie, and Substance Designer Indie, but I don't see any .sbar files, and I can't seem to find any link to them either.

Has the location of these files changed?

I'm hoping this is okay for a necro, but I go to my downloads, and I see Bitmap2Material 3 indie, Bitmap2Material 3 Pro, Substance Painter Indie, and Substance Designer Indie, but I don't see any .sbar files, and I can't seem to find any link to them either.

Has the location of these files changed?

If I am not wrong, the sbsar is inslalled with B2M : try to make a search on the allegorithmic install folder

Hey de_maaier,

the Bitmap 2 Material SBSAR file is, as Vincent already mentioned, installed with your B2M installation.
You can find those files in:
C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Bitmap2Material\3.x\data

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter