Author Topic: Resolution Change Issues and Rust Filter not working? (OS X)  (Read 3579 times)

I've come across some strange issues in Substance Painter  (1.3.4 OS X Yosemite)

I started to texture one my assets recently using some materials I downloaded from Pawel https://gumroad.com/plyczkowski

I'm getting some rendering issues when switching the viewport resolution to 2K. Below are some images at 1k then 2k. I should add point out that  switching back and forth can give entirely random results which makes me think that painter is having problems recalculating the graph.

Interestingly I've tried using this substance (Painted metal) in Designer and there are no problems when increasing the graph resolution.

My second issue is I cannot get the rust matFX to work in Painter. The result is very strange indeed - seems to brighten up the entire material as opposed to just placing the rust effect. I think this is an OS X issue as I don't recall seeing this problem on PC.

Any help on these issues would be appreciated.
Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:07:19 pm

Tried this on a PC this morning. No such problems switching texture resolution and the rust FX works as expected.

Is anything else at play here or is the OSX version a little behind in terms of dev? - I use a Mac at home for 3D so this is a bit annoying.

Can you share your Mac hardware ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Yup,

Its a late 2013 Macbook Pro.

- Core i7 2.3 GHz
- 16 GB Ram
- 512 GB SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Recently upgraded to Yosemite - not sure if this was happening before that.

After looking a bit into it : it looks similar to a bug currently in our database were some grunge generated at 4K will render totally black. Therefore when used as mask they will break some substances that use them.

Can you tell me how much VRam does your GPU have ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks for the reply.

My GPU has 2GB GDDR5.

This happens when switching between 1 to 2 k and 2 to 4 k. The results are pretty random each time.

Also can I assume the rust filter on OS X does not work at the moment or is this a GPU issue?

thanks for your help.

We are still looking into the source of the issue, so I can't tell you what or why it is breaking unfortunately.
-----------