Author Topic: [SOLVED] importing meshes from c4d  (Read 1762 times)

Hello,

I´m completly new at this, but would be glad for help!

I have 2 different simple 3d objects build in c4d, made simple UV´s, and gave the objects two different materials.

As I load my meshes into Painter, the 2 objects appear, but I have just one Material in the Texture Sets window, and if I draw on one of the objects, the other one gets also painted.

What I am doing wrong? I must admit that I´m totally new in the 3d/texturing process for games, so maybe I´m missing something elemental?

peter
Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:49:13 am

Hey pjaritz,

Substance Painter doesn't allow you to have more than one UV set. You need to merge both objects onto one UV set.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Thanks for the quick help, I´ll try that!

If you also need to separate your object, you can assign them different materials. Each material ID will be treated as a new texture set (and its own layer stack) in Substance Painter.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi there,

Another quick question: Let´s say I have a cube in Painter, and when I paint on one face, another face gets painted simultaneously, which is obviously wrong. Is it a problem in the UV layout? I do my UVs/3d in cinema4d.

any hints?

peter

Hey pjaritz,

I want to quote froyok on this one:

It can happens because of two things :
- The brush bleed through the geometry, so you can filter that by enabled the backface culling the advanced brush parameters.
- The brush alignment mode is set to Camera by default which allow to paint across UV seams even in the 2D View. Try setting it to UV instead.

Best regards

thanks, it worked!

peter

Hey pjaritz,

I'm glad to help. Great that it worked for you.

Best Regards