Author Topic: Export to SBSAR  (Read 21994 times)

Hey guys i realized that Marmoset has an option to import SBSAR files from SP but how exactly do i export it in the first place?

Hey,
You can export it from Substance Designer by "publishing" your sbs (which will generate the sbsar)

Hey stefanbest0794,

to add to Vincent's answer you can't export SBSAR files from Substance Painter. Substance Painter outputs solely bitmaps.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey stefanbest0794,

to add to Vincent's answer you can't export SBSAR files from Substance Painter. Substance Painter outputs solely bitmaps.

Best Regards

Are you saying that its not possible at all, I mean is there a workaround, you cannot get the spp files into SD can you?

Thanks, Robert

Hey stefanbest0794,

Best Regards

Are you saying that its not possible at all, I mean is there a workaround, you cannot get the spp files into SD can you?

Thanks, Robert

There is no workaround :

substance designer is meant to build substances in sbs or sbsar format.
Substance Painter is meant to use them and to texture your model in an innovative way, but it cannot generate them.

Ok thanks a lot Vincent,

Whats the most common workflow for people, do they output their bitmaps from SP and then bring them into SD and put it all together to create an sbsar?

Regards, Robert

Hey Visual Conduct,

if you need .SBSAR files yes, this is basically the workflow you can utilise.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter