Author Topic: Smart materials  (Read 5337 times)

Hi guys,

I saw the video on smart materials, amazing stuff. Im wondering, how would you go about to make a smart material for use in substance painter, in substance designer? If there is a template/info on requirements, I can make my smart materials in SD, put them in SP, do particle magic wizardry, and export assets from there. With substance share in mind, its interesting to make packs of smart materials as well.
Cheers!

Hi guys,

I saw the video on smart materials, amazing stuff. Im wondering, how would you go about to make a smart material for use in substance painter, in substance designer? If there is a template/info on requirements, I can make my smart materials in SD, put them in SP, do particle magic wizardry, and export assets from there. With substance share in mind, its interesting to make packs of smart materials as well.
Cheers!

Hi Käy,

You can't make Smart Materials in SD. The Smart Materials in Painter are a preset that is comprised of the layer stack in Painter.

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

Thanks! Ill need to polish up my Substance painter then haha.

Cheers!

Hi Wes,

Thanks! Ill need to polish up my Substance painter then haha.

Cheers!

Hi Kay,

Looking forward to seeing what you do! Your work is awesome: )

Cheers,

wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks! :D, once ill have a neat material, ill be sure to post some screenshots.