Author Topic: Substance Live subscription is a little confusing  (Read 6353 times)

I purchased Substance Designer 5 Indie a little while ago, which I now understand carries with it access to Substance Live, as I do own SP and B2M3 as well. However when I go to the Allegorithmic website and login to my account it says I don't have Substance Live on my account. Is this because I bought the software outright and don't require a monthly payment plan?

I'm a little confused about the whole thing and think that my account info should reflect what I have access to. Are these forums restricted to people who have a licence for Substance Live?

I purchased Substance Designer 5 Indie a little while ago, which I now understand carries with it access to Substance Live, as I do own SP and B2M3 as well. However when I go to the Allegorithmic website and login to my account it says I don't have Substance Live on my account. Is this because I bought the software outright and don't require a monthly payment plan?

I'm a little confused about the whole thing and think that my account info should reflect what I have access to. Are these forums restricted to people who have a licence for Substance Live?

Hey cSly,

you should have access to Substance LIVE when you have Substance Painter, Bitmap 2 Material 3 and Substance Designer 5.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

What happens if say if substance designer 6 comes out. Are we kicked out of live till we upgrade to SD 6?

What happens if say if substance designer 6 comes out. Are we kicked out of live till we upgrade to SD 6?

Hi Johnny,

As of now, we will release all new major upgrades at the same time such as SD6, SP2 and B2M. There will be an upgrade cost from Substance Live 2015 to Substance Live 2016. If you are on monthly payment, you would just keep paying $19.9 and will be able to transfer part of what you have been paying for Substance Live 2015.

If you want to upgrade to only one software, you will be able to do so as well, but you won't have a Live 2016 account (you will still have a LIVE 2015 account until you finish paying it).

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

So I am in substance live 2015 I have SD-5 SP-1 and B2M-3. But I bought them all as Indy package and upgraded them separately. There wasn't an option to upgrade the Indy package which would have been nice but I assume Live is kinda like a one upgrade get all the new software. Sorta like Adobe suites.

When Substance live 2016 comes out can I just buy Live 2016 upgrade and get everything upgraded together?

Can I join the Pay as you go Live upgrade to 2016 comes out to keep myself upgraded with the flexible payment options? I never did the Live payment plan can I enter it next Live upgrade cycle?

I would much like to just keep everything upgraded with one payment instead of upgrading everything individually. Like upgrading an Adobe suite of software.

It is a little confusing still cause I got live available to me now cause I bought all the software in the Indy package and upgraded them separately I guess from where I am I just haven't seen any clear documentation on the different upgrade paths that are available to me.

It would be nice to have it outlined somewhere the different upgrade paths because I know I can upgrade them separately if I want or possibly upgrade the Live 2016 monthly payment plan to get all the software upgraded with one payment over time (hopefully nicely discounted).

Is the payment plan available for upgrades or only the initial purchase which after you just pay an upgrade cost to get the latest software.
Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:19:22 am

Hi Johnny,

As of now, we will release all new major upgrades at the same time such as SD6, SP2 and B2M. There will be an upgrade cost from Substance Live 2015 to Substance Live 2016. If you are on monthly payment, you would just keep paying $19.9 and will be able to transfer part of what you have been paying for Substance Live 2015.

If you want to upgrade to only one software, you will be able to do so as well, but you won't have a Live 2016 account (you will still have a LIVE 2015 account until you finish paying it).

Cheers,

Wes

But for clarity's sake...you aren't doing ANNUAL Releases right? You guys aren't Autodesk (or anyone else who does annual release with very little actual difference in between version's), releasing yearly updates just for the upgrade cash right?

I know not everyone can adopt Pixologic's business model (even though it's the best one out there for these types of "support" software)

So I am in substance live 2015 I have SD-5 SP-1 and B2M-3. But I bought them all as Indy package and upgraded them separately. There wasn't an option to upgrade the Indy package which would have been nice but I assume Live is kinda like a one upgrade get all the new software. Sorta like Adobe suites.

When Substance live 2016 comes out can I just buy Live 2016 upgrade and get everything upgraded together?

Can I join the Pay as you go Live upgrade to 2016 comes out to keep myself upgraded with the flexible payment options? I never did the Live payment plan can I enter it next Live upgrade cycle?

I would much like to just keep everything upgraded with one payment instead of upgrading everything individually. Like upgrading an Adobe suite of software.

It is a little confusing still cause I got live available to me now cause I bought all the software in the Indy package and upgraded them separately I guess from where I am I just haven't seen any clear documentation on the different upgrade paths that are available to me.

It would be nice to have it outlined somewhere the different upgrade paths because I know I can upgrade them separately if I want or possibly upgrade the Live 2016 monthly payment plan to get all the software upgraded with one payment over time (hopefully nicely discounted).

Is the payment plan available for upgrades or only the initial purchase which after you just pay an upgrade cost to get the latest software.

Hi Johnny,

The monthly plan will be available for Substance Live 2016 at the same price $19.9 and all software will be upgraded automatically.

so when it is released, you will keep paying 19.9$ per month to get the upgrade for the 3 software and will be able to transfer part of what you already paid for 2015 (this would be the discount ).

Cheers,

Wes

But for clarity's sake...you aren't doing ANNUAL Releases right? You guys aren't Autodesk (or anyone else who does annual release with very little actual difference in between version's), releasing yearly updates just for the upgrade cash right?

I know not everyone can adopt Pixologic's business model (even though it's the best one out there for these types of "support" software)

Hi Victor,

We do have annual releases, but they include major updates and features. Also, there is no obligation to upgrade. We don't force users into a subscription service where they must keep paying or loose the software. The previous versions continue to work. Our plan is a rent to own.

Cheers,

wes

Hi Victor,

We do have annual releases, but they include major updates and features. Also, there is no obligation to upgrade. We don't force users into a subscription service where they must keep paying or loose the software. The previous versions continue to work. Our plan is a rent to own.

Cheers,

wes

That must be a huge stress on your engineers. But I guess now I have something (hopefully really big) to look forward to each year.

Hi Johnny,

The monthly plan will be available for Substance Live 2016 at the same price $19.9 and all software will be upgraded automatically.

so when it is released, you will keep paying 19.9$ per month to get the upgrade for the 3 software and will be able to transfer part of what you already paid for 2015 (this would be the discount ).

Cheers,

Wes

But I didn't pay monthly for Live 2015 I paid for the Indy package then upgraded separately and got tossed into the Live program cause I owned the latest upgrades.

Hey johnny9ball,

then you'll have three options available for you when the 2016 packages come out:

1. Buy Substance LIVE upfront with an discount and own them instantly
2. Make a monthly subscription and pay $19.99 until you own them
3. Buy just the software you want to use with an discount, but you'll loose Substance LIVE then

Best regards

Thank you thank you. Everything is clear now. You should have the upgrade options in a sticky so people know what choices they have.

Hey cSly,

you should have access to Substance LIVE when you have Substance Painter, Bitmap 2 Material 3 and Substance Designer 5.

Best Regards

Quick question to add in here. I bought SP and SD back before the indie pack was a thing, and now seeing live wish I had it for the monthly drops. If I were to buy B2M. (The only program I am missing from the set). Would I then have access to the monthly drops?

Also would I have access to the previous monthly drops or only those going forward?
jschwieger.com

Hey Justin.SMF,

you'll have access to Substance LIVE (& the monthly drops) when you have the latest versions of:
- Substance Designer 5
- Substance Painter
- Bitmap 2 Material 3

You have access to all the Monthly Drops released.

Best Regards

Awesome, thank you.
jschwieger.com